Author Topic: There will be new lemmings games!!!  (Read 14243 times)

Burn-iT

There will be new lemmings games!!!
« on: August 28, 2004, 06:44:35 PM »
A companie called iFone, hase made a deal with sony, so that they can make lemmings games for cellphones and pda's.
I found this on the dutch gaming site http://www.gamez.nl!

G3K

Re: There will be new lemmings games!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 06:57:47 PM »
Cool, but I'd love to see completely new games instead of simply ports to other systems.

Andi

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 07:26:24 PM »
Let's see what the future brings!

Btw, the text was easier to understand than some english texts.  ;P

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:29:35 AM »
 :D That's funny!oh, and YEA!!!! LEMMINGS SHALL BE REINCARNATED!!! :lem4ever:

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
Dont hold your breath.... iFone are shit. We did work for them a while back, and we ended up rewriting a whole heap of their already finished games because they were crap.

You never know.... but dont hold you breath...  :-(

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 12:04:27 AM »
hmm...this is a dilema... Where can you get these games without buying the cellphone?can you?

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »
Tescos!!!

Windows Lemmings for &#A3;5!

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 07:58:56 PM »
Why cell phones? I honestly think it's dumb to play games on a cell phone, and I'm not going to get some version of a game I've already got for just about everything (about 8 different systems)

What we need are new Lemmings games. Sadly for me, since Sony owns the Lemmings rights, if anything's made it will be for the PS2 or PSP.

?QuErY?

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 05:52:16 PM »
I think an awful lot of companies are kind of forgetting just how good computers are...

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 10:10:02 PM »
Everyone wants to be cool, so they buy all their little cell phones and show them off because of all of the cool features they get on them.  So, companies invest in phones!...just a theory.

?QuErY?

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 12:21:02 PM »
I've been thinking. One of my thoughts is why the heck noone's actually doing anything to get Sony to really try. I've been making an attempt to 'encourage' some of the other girls (I go to a single sex school, unfortunately)to take a liking to the game, and I am currently working on my master plan to make Sony take notice that there are still plenty of fans out there, not to mention potential fans... I may only be 11, but that doesn't mean I can't make a difference! ;) One of my ideas is a sort of petition-thingy where everyone who wants lemmings back gives me their name, then I write them all down on a letter and send it off to sony ;)

Andi

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 08:12:30 PM »
There may be a lot of fans out there, but I don't think Sony is interested in that. If we want to do something, we have to do it ourself. I like the idea of the Lemmings MMORPG. Actually there are a lot of MMORPG Players. Maybe we get them interested.

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 10:39:38 PM »
Well, phones are getting better.... And Lemmings is a good choice if you can make it work. Its perfectly suited to "part-time" play when your waiting on a Bus, or for folk to show up to a meeting.

Try this... its my Lemmings Phone Test I did a while back.

http://www.javalemmings.com/DMA/yabb/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=DMAGames;action=display;num=1078870149

As to Sony... If enough people demand something, they'll make it. They want to make money, but the problem is that it has to be big numbers. Also the game needs to be refreshed somehow. A MMORPG sounds like a good idea, with comic battles etc... that could be great fun. Lemmings Paintball could have been a great multiplayer game, but it wasn't really implemented terrebly well (being isometeric), but the game "concept" was sound.

?QuErY?

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 09:48:03 PM »
I had a go debating whether sims or lemmings was better with my friend Chloe H on msn earlier today. I obviously took the side of lemmings(sims suck) And Chloe turned out be pretty bad at losing, as she used the trick of saying 'I'm bored' rather than just honestly saying I'd won, and by the looks of it my persuasive writing skills have certainly got better. It has something to do with my dad, as last time I saw him he told me that if I really wanted anyone to listen to me about lemmings, I'd have to say more about it than 'It's the best game in the world', which is what I tried with the little debate experiment. That was what it was; an experiment to see whether a nights' worth of studying sites on persuasive writing had actually worked, and indeed they have. Now I'm on what you could call a 'silent quest' because there's nothing remarkable about me doing it so noone will actually talk about it. And besides, noone will ever know except the people here, my dad, and I. At least I hope things go that way. I'm shy enough even here, though it's a friendly site with friendly people, so I wouldn't be very happy with half the nation knowing about me. I'm serious about this. I'm going to try my hardest to, very literally, save the lemmings. As far as I know, all we've got is forty-something die hard fans here, and that's not going to be enough. I'm working on setting up a sort of trend-system at school. Younger children have a tendency to 'follow the leader' a little like lemmings themselves. That's where 'trend-setters'(aka particularly stylish year sixes) come in. I figure that if I can get the more popular year sixes onto lemmings, maybe the younger ones will follow... interesting...

Sorry about the long post.

Andi

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 08:31:33 AM »
As long as you don't post your real name and adress you'll stay anonymous. And I won't tell yanyone your IP. ;)