Author Topic: PSP Level Packs?  (Read 10948 times)

jonreyno

PSP Level Packs?
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »
Since Sony shutdown their Lemmings PSP/PS2 servers, has a new online database of PSP Lemmings level packs cropped up? I'm currently in the midsts of recreating Oh No! More Lemmings for PSP and...

1. I'm curious if this has already been done and

2. When I'm finished I'd like to have somewhere to upload it so other people can enjoy the fruits of my labor!

I'm so disappointed that I waited until now to buy this game... totally missed out on the online service :(

By the way, I'm in the U.S., so I'd like a site that has U.S. level packs since I've already found some European ones online that won't work for me...

Lemmingmad

Re: PSP Level Packs?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:21:48 AM »
how are your levels coming along? Can you not use euro packs on the us game?

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:28:25 AM »
jonreyno, would you happen to be able to tell me where those servers are?

On another note, I'm converting some of the Oh No More Lemmings levels to PSP format. From what I gather, if I just upload the save block containing the data, it should work on other peoples' PSPs. But it will overwrite a slot.

Not that many on here seem 100% fussed over the 2006/2007 remakes for Sony's consoles, but I do rather like them and the level editor.
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
That's kinda dumb.  Why should the levels be incompatible between versions?  Well, that's commercial game development for you...

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:41:36 AM »
It's the servers that are incompatible, because Europe had an online service before the actual release of the PSP, so it was logical to continue to use that service in PAL regions.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 07:58:11 PM »
That could explain that...

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »
Since Sony shutdown their Lemmings PSP/PS2 servers, has a new online database of PSP Lemmings level packs cropped up? I'm currently in the midsts of recreating Oh No! More Lemmings for PSP and...

1. I'm curious if this has already been done and

2. When I'm finished I'd like to have somewhere to upload it so other people can enjoy the fruits of my labor!

I'm so disappointed that I waited until now to buy this game... totally missed out on the online service :(

By the way, I'm in the U.S., so I'd like a site that has U.S. level packs since I've already found some European ones online that won't work for me...

If you can upload them to your computer, just upload them to some lemmings content website or a file sharing website.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »
The only drawback is that the levels are not read-only like through the servers, and they replace specific blocks on the memory stick. But, it's still fun. My ONML port is nearly done. I'm on Havoc. xD

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
Why do they need to be read-only?

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »
Well, when you go to choose a level on the PSP, it offers the Edit function by default, rather than play. So what's the charm in playing levels if you can just make them easier for yourself?

Though I suppose if anyone was serious about playing, they wouldn't. But still, even I get tripped up now and then.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:45 PM »
Doesn't everyone?  Actually, I think someone should totally remake Lemmings 2 by making it so you don't have to switch between commands almost as fast as it is humanly possible.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
The only drawback is that the levels are not read-only like through the servers, and they replace specific blocks on the memory stick. But, it's still fun. My ONML port is nearly done. I'm on Havoc. xD

You can make them read only manually.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »
O rly?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »
I'm not sure what OS you use, but I know that you can do it in Windows by right clicking on it and then clicking "Properties."  Then click on the box that says, "Read-only."  If you don't use Windows, Mr. K *might* know how to do it for your OS.
If not, have someone who knows how to do it on whatever OS they use change it for you.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 06:59:19 AM »
That's not the same thing... that's FAT32 permissions, not in-game mechanics. And it could cause the game to crash if one tries to edit. Which is not nearly the same thing as what I said.