Author Topic: Lemmings Soundtrack  (Read 11767 times)

DuneStar

Lemmings Soundtrack
« on: August 24, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »
Hi Guys,

There exists a plethora of different Lemmings music formats out there - However, for me, none of them bring back as strong a surge of nostalgia like the original music heard from an old IBM PC.

Thus, I've ripped the real original Lemmings soundtrack, all seventeen levels, plus the four "special" levels.  All files are in MP3 format at 320kbps.

The torrent is available here:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1723772

I would also upload it to the Lemmings File Portal, but due to the rather large size of the zip file (119 MB), I wanted to check with the forum admin first to see if this was a possibility - bandwidth could be a major concern. 

Thanks and Enjoy!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »
If you're talking of the Dos ones, there were the same in OGG file format. The site disappeared, but I still have the files if desired.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

DuneStar

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:34:14 PM »
Indeed I am referring to the DOS-based music. 

So, which format of the lemmings music do you guys like best?  I'd say the genesis version is a close second.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
I only really know three of them - WinLemm, DOS and SNES - but DOS seems to be the best of the them. Doesn't make my ears explode like the SNES version and you can actually hear the tune unlike in WL. =P

Out of all the songs, the first is my absolute favourite. Call me mad but I think it's beautiful... If only someone could actually find an orchestra to play it. =P

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 03:41:05 PM »
Dune Star: instead of uploading those files here, you can upload them to free-hosting sites, such as megaupload.com, 4shared.com or rapidshare.com.

Thank you for collect them!  :thumbsup:

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 04:20:38 AM »
I'm seeding them (for now anyway, I can't always do so since my data transfer is pretty limited). :)
Nice rips.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:53:57 AM »
Quote from: Chmera
I only really know three of them - WinLemm, DOS and SNES

Huh? What? :huh: You never listened to the Amiga ones? Those are the very classical ones. Mindless ripped them into mod files if you wanna listen to these HERE.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
Thanks DL! :laugh: These are even better...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »
I hope so! From the three original versions (PC-Dos, Atari ST and Amiga), those are the best!

So, no problem! :laugh:

DuneStar

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 02:19:38 AM »
Alright guys, I've uploaded the complete soundtrack to megaupload.  I've included six bonus tracks (all remixed lemmings songs) pulled from various websites. Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XEH3G0RF

DragonsLover, thanks for the link to the Amiga MODs. Although I must say, still like the DOS version better  :)   

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 03:06:57 AM »
You guys have Dos music too? Ive seen many versions of different DOS songs and I cant tell which one is the original lol.

Ive got a lemmings soundtrack as well, but I dont know if it is a DOS version...help!

Two videos of my two songs are on YouTube right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J5v-UKebJM     (which is my favourite song, favouite version of it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idMOGuYLRZ8    (first track from the CD)

EDIT: Here is the next song (aka Lemming 1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXoaJlSloro

Let me know which version of the game they are from please!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 06:37:51 AM »
Okay, you meant the CD soundtrack. Don't confuse me! I thought you were talking about the Adlib ones. :P

Yeah, the CD soundtrack of the Dos version is very nice. Timfoxxy already sent them, but his CD has so many scratches... which is very bad. :(

There's also a CD soundtrack for Lemmings95 and another one for NEC TurboGrafx too. I have the Lemmings95 one.

On YouTube, search for the user : Renegade466. He has tons of Lemmings musics videos of the Amiga version, MegaDrive version and those of NEC TurboGrafx CD.

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »
Live Ive mentioned on my videos, the cd is VERY OLD so it is bound to have problems. I know ive had it since the 90s, however I cant play the game on this computer anymore (I can on my old computer, that has XP, this has got Vista).

Dragon, that was me that sent u the CD "image" lol of my Lemmings CD (and yes theres lots of scratches on it, unfortunate though). I have ripped the songs from the CD and converted them to mp3 format. Some songs had clicks and gaps, but I removed them with a music editing program. I can re-send the music to you in .zip format if you like :D

Ive seen many songs of a specific lemmings tune (my one is the 9th track) from different members (even the ones you have mentioned), and NONE of them have matched the style of my song. So either the CD was an Australian only release or not many people have the CD anymore...
Apparently my one is a Lemmings for PC cd or something  :-\

Ive got Lemmini on my computer, and therefore Windows 95 lemmings music. I would have to say it is probably the closest style of music to mine :P

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 03:52:55 AM »
There's a tool that can remove all those scratches on the CD by simply reducing the surface of the CD. thus removing them at the same time. Of course, you have to buy it.

Anyway, I knew it was you. I would be glad to get them again too.

As for your version of Lemmings PC Dos, according to MobyGames, this CD-Rom edition was also released in the USA. Look at this page. But I don't know if the CD soundtrack was the same though. And you can see that there's also the CD version of Lemmings95 (or Lemmings for Windows).

Offline MR_OJR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 03:13:02 PM »
I've always loved the amiga version of the music  :-D