Author Topic: Broken Levels  (Read 17576 times)

Conway

Re: Broken Levels
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 02:08:30 AM »
Steaver, maybe the problem is because you manually edited some of the levels (Absolute Ultimate Challenge, for sure), such as getting a time limit above 9min 59 sec, ect. Maybe you could upload the .lev and the .lst files for the packs with broken levels so we can compile the packs on our own machines. I don't know why this would work, but it's worth a try.

Pleeeeeeeeease! O_o Cos I really want to try these levels!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 07:36:48 AM »
I don't have a website of any type at the moment, so I can't do that. The webmaster of Lemming Crazy seems to have disappeared. If anyone wants them, contact me at:

MSN or E-Mail: teh_snep@hotmail.com
Yahoo: Steaver370
AIM: Steaver370
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Conway

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 06:29:04 PM »
My address is benjconway79*no-bloody-spambots*@yahoo.co.uk. I think you know which part to delete. Please sent levels!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 04:09:54 AM »
http://s7.invisionfree.com/lemmings370/index.php

I've just created this Lemmings message board. The Cheapo and LemEdit sections allow you to attach files to your messages. I uploaded the level file there.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 04:12:35 AM »
Weird. All of Steaver's levels work fine for me. You have the "Lemmus" and "Generic" styles?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 11:43:24 AM »
On one of Insane Steve's level packs on Custlemm the level The Razor's Edge Part 2 always crashes when I load it.The problem needs to be fixed.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 01:48:01 PM »
How long ago did you download it?  I believe the problem has since been fixed, if it was months ago you download that set, try redownloading it.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 05:29:48 PM »
I tried it recently and had the same problem.
Also, the sound effects for that level are WHACK!

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2005, 05:44:03 PM »
If you use the lemmus styles here, It should work fine. Maybe you have the same problem I had and have 'out of date' style files.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 04:51:30 PM »
CustLemm doesn't use style flies &#A0;X_X

Or are you talking about Steaver's old levels?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »
=8O Oh, I thought you were talking about Insane Steve's Cheapo remake in his notebook sets

(Note to self: Must train eyes O_o)

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2005, 05:52:23 PM »
Shvegait:  oh, so your comment was about the custlemm level JM's complaining about?

Hmm, well I'll take a look again at the level later today and see.  Have you tried opening it up in LemEdit and see if that works?  (just to make sure)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005, 07:22:37 PM »
The level loads up, I managed to get the screenshots for it (when I was taking pictures of people's levels for the CustLemm Level List Game). I guess I shouldn't have said I had the "same" problem, because I had different problems... but still problems.

All of the sound effects are different from what you'd expect (Kind of freaky  O_o ), and when you quit the level, CustLemm crashes. I'm not sure if you can play through the level fully without a crash or not... I didn't try.

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 03:50:40 AM »
Ok, it seems isteve never actually uploaded a fixed version of the level, or maybe he didn't fix everything.

Either way, the problem with the out-of-bounds steel area remained, despite the fact that isteve talked about figuring out the problem a while back.

Well, now that LemEdit2 more or less works for most people, go make the fix yourself.  Open up the level, find the leftmost steel area at the bottom.  You'll find that it has a vertical height of 64, which means at the position it's at, it extends past the level's bottom boundary by some 56 pixels or so.  Change the vertical height to 8 and save, and you'll be fine, I tested it.

JM

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 10:50:57 AM »
I did it and now the level works.Thanks for the help