Author Topic: Welcome topic (post here if you're new)  (Read 12233 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Welcome topic (post here if you're new)
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:28:47 AM »
If you are a newcomer to the forum, post in here so we know you've shown up.  Tell us a bit about you!  We'll greet you well.

Offline insulfrog

• View Profile
Re: Welcome topic (post here if you're new)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
Hello, I am new here, im insulfrog and I am a big lemmings fan.  I had been playing lemmings since the Amiga 500+ back in 1990.  I have my own website, which is www.freewebs.com/insulfrog and I am a bit of a computer wizz too. :)

rf Larke

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »
I already spoke my peace! You won't make me repeat it! NEVER!

flowingriver854

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
I would appreciate any help on this matter. I played (was addicted to) Lemmings years ago on Windows 95. Today I have a new HP sytem with Vista. If I dig up my disk in storage from years ago, will it play on Vista? If not, is there a current computer game version for sale that is Vista compatible? Please advise so I may enjoy Lemmings again. ThANKS!

BulletRide

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »
Im not sure if it will or not work, if it dosnt you should try lemmix. Lemmix should work if that dosn't

Link:
http://home.hccnet.nl/ericenzwaan/lemmix/lemmix.htm

Edited for clarity

flowingriver854

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »
Im not sure if it will or not work, if it dosnt you should try lemmix. Lemmix should work if that dosn't

Link:
http://home.hccnet.nl/ericenzwaan/lemmix/lemmix.htm

Edited for clarity

flowingriver854

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »
thanks BulletRide for the lemmix link - it works and I appreciate the response

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 02:05:08 AM »
I'm not quite new here but I've been gone for so long that I might as well be. This place seems to have changed quite a bit. Not for the worse, maybe a tad for the better, but I'd mostly say it's a lateral shift. A necessary one too, it would seem. I can't really play Lemmings much anymore due to lack of access to lemmings-compatible computers  :sad: :'( :o, which is unfortunate, but I think I can still play on one of them... Assuming it still works.

G3K

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »
fffFFFFFF;;; Hello again!

The name's G3K, those of you who have been around since the days of Lemmings Universe may remember me as the wild-haired Scot that (barely) moderated the General board there. I've decided to make a comeback, both to see old friends once again and to, with any luck, get back into the scene as it were.

I see a few names I recognise, and a few that I don't - I'm glad you folks have been keeping the spirit alive at least!

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
Glad to see you back!

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:04 PM »
G3K!!!!

Welcome back!  I remember you from back when I was a newbie at LU.

G3K

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 10:03:36 PM »
Thanks Chmera, and hey Mr. K! Moving up in the world I see, from newbie to the metaphorical king of the Lemmings community itself. :P Ach, if only I could remember more of that place. I'm sure most of the folks here whose names I don't recognise had a bit of a stint there as well.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:05:03 PM »
Yeah.  I've certainly moved up.  The old Lemmings Forums server was wonky at the time so I volunteered to set this up for those who were having trouble.  Eventually it all moved here.

I'd link you back to the old LUDB archives, but it seems that they finally fell off the internet  :(
They were still in the same location as the forum was (although they were uninhabited except for spambots using the rather old version of the forum software to their advantage) until at least the past summer, but since then they've finally passed on.  Oh well.

I believe there have been a few name changes, but a lot of the old folk are still around.

Mr Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 06:17:42 AM »
I am new... Well sorta; the main point is now I am here for your enjoyment.  :winktounge:

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 10:10:27 PM »
So we're allowed to poke you with sticks now?