Author Topic: [SUG][EDITOR] Timebomber countdown distance sketch/ruler  (Read 1866 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG][EDITOR] Timebomber countdown distance sketch/ruler
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:39:58 PM »
From this topic:

a ruler (for the editor) on long timed bombers take to go down a number (this means one would apply to the various means of movement)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 06:47:19 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SUG][EDITOR] Timebomber countdown distance sketch/ruler
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 06:54:08 PM »
I'm about 50/50 on this.

I like the idea that it could make creating Timebomber levels easier, but I wouldn't be in favour of such levels being so precise that the exact distance has to be measured in this way. With that said, the proposed Radiation/Slowfreeze objects do perhaps promote the need for this feature, so it probably will happen.

A countdown ruler would need to account for many different types of movement: Climbing, Sliding, Falling, Floating, Gliding, plus Walking horizontally and diagonally (Swimmers, I think, move at the same speed as Walkers).

So, if this feature is to go ahead, what do we think would be the best design for it?

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 10:43:13 PM »
Giving this one a bump. Any ideas?

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 11:42:27 PM »
Due to the lack of replies/interest in this idea, and the potential issues it creates vs. those it would solve, this one won't be going ahead. If anyone wants to revive the idea/contribute further to the discussion, PM me and I'll unlock the topic again.