Author Topic: [SLX] Lemminas Origins - 120 Levels (Difficulty: Medium)  (Read 136 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SLX] Lemminas Origins - 120 Levels (Difficulty: Medium)
« on: April 18, 2024, 09:54:58 PM »

The original Lemmings game, but with Lemminas sprites!

More than 5 years in the making, this pack features my favourite levels from the debut DMA Lemmings game we all know and love, some presented as they were originally and others remixed slightly, plus a handful of levels that I've been working on since I first became active on the Forums back in 2019!

The levels all feature the Lemminas sprite set that we're all familiar with by now - female Lemmings with their hair in a swish, ready-for-action ponytail. They're presented here in the "classic" recolouring, with blue tunics and green hair.

Please note that this is a SuperLemmix-exclusive pack.

As well as featuring Timebombers in place of Instabombers, all levels feature at least one Talisman that requires Classic Mode for completion, and all water objects have been updated to their SLX counterparts. I have absolutely considered releasing a NeoLemmix version of this pack with Instabombers, no Talismans and the water objects reverted, but ultimately I believe that SuperLemmix is the most ideal platform on which to enjoy this pack as intended.

In fact, this pack is one of the reasons I began work on SuperLemmix in the first place! I wanted these levels to be played on a Lemmings engine that could provide an experience as close to the original Amiga game as possible whilst also providing the player assists and QOL features we've all become accustomed to, and SuperLemmix finally fits that model as well as it can. It's been an incredible learning experience and a journey of both discovery and re-discovery, and... here we are, at last!

So... with all of that said, let's take a look at Lemminas Origins... :lemcat:

Levels

For the most part, the levels themselves are identical to the originals, however some of them have modified skillsets, whilst others have had their layouts remixed.

:lemming: Some of the levels have had subtle layout changes:

Tricky 9 All The 9s

Taxing 4 Compression Method 2

:lemming: Whilst others have been more extensively re-shaped:

Tricky 15 Lost Something?

Taxing 11 X Marks The Spot

:lemming: And Tightrope City has been given a bit of visual TLC:

Tricky 17 Tightrope City

:lemming: Backroutes have been fixed where appropriate:

Taxing 1 If At First You Don't Succeed...

Taxing 14 Take A Running Jump.....

:lemming: There are also a number of brand new levels, made exclusively for this pack:

Mayhem 22 Nothing is Impossible

Mayhem 26 What The...?

Taxing 26 As Complicated As It Looks

I hope you enjoy this pack! Feel free to use the Lemminas sprites and music for your own levels, but be sure to credit me if you do so. Thank you!

Music Credits

Included with this pack is 10 star-gazing, head-bopping, toe-tapping tunes, arranged and produced especially for the Lemminas style :lemcat: All tracks have been arranged and produced by me using Logic Pro X, composer credits as follows:

Music composition credits (click to show/hide)

To install, simply unzip the folder to your SuperLemmix directory; it contains everything you need to run the game:

:lemming: levels - the levels themselves, plus the menu cards and skill panel graphics
:lemming: music - the 10 new music tracks (see above for credits)
:lemming: replays - a full set of replays generated during playtesting

It is strongly recommended that you play this pack with SuperLemmix version 2.7.3 or later, ideally with Classic Mode and Hi-Resolution graphics activated.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 05:45:07 PM by WillLem »

Offline Paiy

• View Profile
Re: [SLX] Lemminas Origins - 120 Levels (Difficulty: Medium)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 08:20:23 PM »
great level pack, some quite hard levels, was a lot of fun. attatched my replays, some are probably backroutes