Author Topic: Find the artist(s)!  (Read 1234 times)

Offline alexthelemming

• View Profile
Find the artist(s)!
« on: January 04, 2023, 02:33:05 PM »
Hello!

I've just signed up for an account here as after several attempts, furiously Googling, I can't find some Lemmings info and was wondering if the kind people on this forum would know the answer:

I am assuming that the same artist/artists painted both, but does anyone know who did the box art for Oh No More Lemmings and Lemmings 2 The Tribes?

Adrian Powell did the lovely, folksy art for the original cover and the manual*, Dave Pether did the artwork for the box of All New World Of Lemmings (Lemmings Chronicles), but I can't for the life of me find out who did Oh No More Lemmings and Lemmings 2! It looks like it may be the same artist, but I could be wrong!

I... I only want to know, because those are my favourites... :(

Thanks in advance!

*As the same manual was included with Oh No More Lemmings, I've seen Adrian get credited with Oh No as well, but that doesn't look right to me (different style!)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Find the artist(s)!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 02:12:22 AM »
Hi!

I believe Lemmings 2 and Lemmings 3 have the same artist for the cover art and the manual. But it's only speculation. Especially Lemmings 3's cover looks unique, it might be the same or somebody else.

Next time at my parents' house, I'll try to remember to look at my old DOS game manuals for L2 and L3, maybe there is an artist credited in the manual.

Lemmings 1's cover art (for Amiga/DOS) is clearly different from Lemmings 2 and 3.

-- Simon

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Find the artist(s)!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 03:07:31 AM »
I've still got the manuals for most of the Lemmings games.  The Lemmings and ONML manuals both say, "Paintings by Adrian Powell", and the L3 (Chronicles/ANWOL) manual clearly states, "Cover Illustration by Dave Pether."  Unfortunately, I don't see anything like that in the L2 manual (see attached image).  I also ran through the credits in the L2 endgame sequence, but again I didn't see anything like "Box Art" or "Cover Art" listed.