Author Topic: Custlemm Level List Game  (Read 9909 times)

tseug

Re: Custlemm Level List Game
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »
Anyways, hmmm, I solved 9 of tseug's and 10 of my levels...erm, very subjective view. S'pose we need a somewhat more objective view. Did ccexplore btw solve all of your (tseug's) levels by now?

I don't think so, but he said he hasn't even looked at yours yet. I've solved around half of yours, and I know how to do most of the others.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 08:36:43 PM »
Any chance to see some of your solutions for my levels? That is, for the not too obvious ones maybe?

tseug

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »
OK. I'll work on them and make replays for the ones I solve.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »
Did ccexplore btw solve all of your (tseug's) levels by now?

I no longer have the time for over a week or so.  If you peek over at the Chip's Challenge newsgroup you might see that they're doing something called "CCLP3", and it so happens that I'm involved with some of the behind-the-scene stuff.  I haven't touched Lemmings-related stuff for a bit; in fact even my e-mail responses to Eric's LemmixPlayer was delayed by the same reason.

Once the CCLP3 stuff dies down I'll resume with Lemmings stuff again.  Incidentally, geoo89, which level of tseug's is the one you haven't solved yet?

tseug

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »
Incidentally, geoo89, which level of tseug's is the one you haven't solved yet?

Level 6 :winktounge:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 06:39:22 PM »
Just wondering, does Level 6 require pausing at the very beginning to gain a few extra time to solve, i.e. is not solvable within Lemmix?
Either way, I suppose extensive RR changing is required, I think my best with it was being roughly 4 or 5 seconds short.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 08:32:36 PM »
Just wondering, does Level 6 require pausing at the very beginning to gain a few extra time to solve
<snip>
my best with it was being roughly 4 or 5 seconds short.

Note that you can gain at most only like 2.1 game-seconds from using the pause trick.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
I know it's not much, but my solution attempt could possibly be a little optimized to spare a very little extra time still. It would just be a lot of figuring around with the RR.

tseug

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 11:11:04 PM »
What is your solution? When I do the level I end up with more than 2 seconds left, so you shouldn't need to pause at the start.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 05:32:05 PM »
Well, then I most likely have to think of something different. I'll send you the main idea of my attempt via mail.

Jazzem

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 09:20:46 PM »
Umm, so what pak are we doing?

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 01:48:55 AM »
Are we done with the last one?

As soon as I figureut how to upload and download paks from Timballisto I'll probably have one to add to the stack.

Note: you might have time to evaluate a couple more before this happens, so if you were going to wait for mine to be done, it's suggested that you don't.

And I think tseugs pak is being evaluated.

STT

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 04:51:09 AM »
Here's a short summary of the rest of the pack:
Levels 5-8: Long and annoying (not counting backroutes). They are all fairly straight foreward.

twigpak2 - Level 9: And Now For Something Impossibe
Save: 80/80
RR: 1
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 1 bomber, 3 builders, 1 basher,  1 miner
Good: It's short! It has a good puzzle, the solution is well hidden.
Bad: Why the bomber?

Level 2 and 4-8 are the kinds of things you should try to avoid. If you make a long level at least make it not so straight foreward. And don't make levels with a blatantly obvious solution like level 2, those are no fun.

Now we can move on... I think we should do geo's or mine.

Sorry about the gap in replies... I've just been watching the remake topic and forgot about this one.

Whats the solution? I made this level to be impossible (or slightly possible).

Personally, my favourite is "The Don't Trip Split Splat". It's long, but I wouldn't call it annoying. It wasn't ment to be a very hard pack, just a bunch of fillers for the remake.

tseug

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 05:16:43 AM »
Whats the solution? I made this level to be impossible (or slightly possible).

I can usually solve impossible levels. :winktounge: It really isn"t all that hard...

STT

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 09:29:01 AM »
Meh. I modified it to be possible for the "offical" solution by making the platform 2 pixels deeper.

The offical solution is as follows (highlight):

Make the first lemming a miner + bomber. The second one (obvioulsy) builds towards the exit. The first one should blow up at exactly the right moment as to activate the one pixel bomber glitch (he falls through the 1 pixel gap and drowns). Now crank the Release Rate and buildover the pit. Cut the RR just before the last lemming leaves the trapdoor. Armagedon so that the last lemming counts as 2 when it exits. The basher is to delay him if nesc.