Author Topic: Level Codes  (Read 2617 times)

Offline SFBrains

• View Profile
Level Codes
« on: January 21, 2022, 03:22:55 PM »
Hi, I have just registered.
I hope I'm not breaking any of the forum rules but I found some Lemmings information in an old box.
It appears to be game codes from when I played Lemmings on an old Apple Macintosh computer at work many years ago.
I  don't know if they are any use now.
They cover levels FUN, TRICKY, TAXING and MAYHEM.  30 games for each level.
They are 10 capital letters long, such as NJMFLGALHM for MAYHEM, game 1.
I don't have the game anywhere, i'm guessing it would have been on a 3.5" floppy.
I would love to have a go again but have no idea how to start.
Any help would be appreciated.  I would be playing on Windows 10 now and, I guess, soon to be Windows 11.
Thanks
SFBrains

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Level Codes
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 04:05:47 PM »
Hi SFBrains, welcome to the forums! :lemcat:

There are a number of options for playing Lemmings on a Windows PC, the ones I recommend are:

SuperLemminiToo - a clone closely modelled on Windows 95 and Amiga lemmings, but with some more modern QOL interface features such as Fast-Forward and Replay saving. You can play all of the original games on this port, and I'd particularly recommend it if you're looking for something that's closest to the classic way of playing.

NeoLemmix - a much more modern Lemmings clone with many QOL features which make the game much easier to play. This is the most popular clone on the forums, and comes with a dedicated level editor for making and sharing levels. Again, all original games are available for this port; I'd recommend it if you're looking for a more modern way to play lemmings.

Other than this, I'd probably go with an emulator for the platform of your choice. Most of the classic ports such as Amiga, Apple Mac, SNES, Genesis, etc can all be emulated nowadays and Lemmings is available for all of them.

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Level Codes
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 04:08:28 PM »
Hi SFBrains!
It looks like they are the same passwords from other systems. Those are easily found online, so there's no need to copy them!
If you'd want to play Lemmings on Windows 10 natively, you could try Lemmings 95. However, I would recommend getting DOSBox instead, essentially emulating an old pc inside your modern pc.
Alternatively, you could look to one of the various modern fan recreations of Lemmings, such as Lemmix, Lemmini or NeoLemmix. If you'd like a short introduction on those, I'm sure someone would be willing to give one. Personally, I prefer to stick with the original PC version. :)