Author Topic: Lemmings Art  (Read 41490 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Art
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2005, 01:38:22 PM »
Very nice, Andi! B)

Here's a dragon that I did:

My dragon
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Andi

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2005, 11:22:27 PM »
Hehe. cool! :D I like the idea of using the can for the skin.

Lomay

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2005, 05:59:36 PM »
I love all your art people

Daimera

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2005, 05:05:28 AM »
I'm really, really sorry if this message is too long. ;_;  Anyone who frequents the Lemmings Universe forum might recognise this as I posted the exact same thing there. I'm just too lazy to retype everything, so I just copypasted the code in.

Hellu all!  I'm just a passing fan who finally found this place and realized "HEY! The fanbase isn't big enough, it might be a good idea to attempt to get to know some other people who actually know, like, and fanart Lemmings stuff."  I used to have a website filled with my Lemmings fanart, but I had to tear it down after three incidences of people stealing the art off it.  Not that it matters, most of it is outdated, anyway.

Anyway, I figured I might as well share some of my Lemfanart, considering that's what this is for. I don't have many full pictures up anymore because I'd been slacking off, but this is more or less my most recent stuff... However, it will be something of a spam-post, because despite not having the metric TON of old things, I still have quite a bit collected even recently.  I feel a bit out-of-place posting it here because it's in a rather anime-based style.  

I'm only posting my characters and official characters (all three of them :P), as a number of my friends also have their own fancharacters, and I'm not sure if they want me posting the arts of them without their permissions right now. I'll also be including short descriptions, because these won't make sense otherwise. They probably still won't, because most of them are based in a very deeply developed 'world' that I made for Lemmings, mainly for a chatroom RPG that's long since died off.
---

Alar  An Egyptian-tribe fancharacter of mine named Alar-anh, though otherwise known as 'Phaerogh' to most of my friends. The weird small picture on the side is actually a set of cybernetic organs that has to do with a roleplay I was in a long while ago. Exactly how it came to be might take too long to explain without sounding overly weird.

Jeri, a Space Lemming with robotic arms who was raised in Beach Tribe territory, giving him an extremely laid back personality. He still has quite a bit of Spacelemming knowledge. His hair is actually green streaked with gold, because he's based off my closest friend from school (who had hair like that, but dark brown instead of green), all the way down to the palm-pilot.

Shadra, a Shadow Lemming that had gotten caught in a rollertrap (think of the kind in Oh No! More Lemmings). A friend of Jeri, above, she got mechanical legs with his help after the incident. Can you tell I'm obsessed with machines? Thought so.  She's based off me as I was at the time. She's always wearing shades because, like the Shadow Lemmings in the old Gamebooks, her eyes are sensitive to light.

While on the tangent of Lemmings based on some RL friends of mine, here are some older comics that I drew regarding a few interactions:
Silliness 1
Silliness 2
Silliness 3
Silliness 4
Joya is Just Another Friend, and Jeri's weird hair in the second one was a throwback to a time when the person he was based on actually had that kind of hair.

Nikki Mex. Another 'friend-based' Lemming that was only added relatively recently. She's some kind of strange amalgamation of Sports Tribe and Outdoor Tribe.

Lomax.  Wow, an official character. Gaspu!  Well, Adventures of Lomax kickstarted my fangirling, so if I draw any official art at all, it's for them. Plus, I'm on somewhat friendly terms with one of the guys who made the game. The "helmet in sword form" refers to...uh... something I boredly did one day. Long story. Long, boring story. :D

Lorock. Another official char, I think the text on the image speaks well enough for itself.

This last set of stuff is linked into my DeviantArt account, which is where I put most of the art that bypasses "simple fanart" into "ludicrously over-dramaticized fangirl dribble." Descriptions for the pics are on the pages themselves.
Hi-Res Fighting-game-style sprite of Lomax
Evil Ed, in the monster form seen as the last boss fight in Adventures of Lomax.
Dragon Knights. Another one of those "really long, boring story" situations.
Ed, again. Probably the single biggest case of Lemming overdramatization in fanart. At least, coming from me.

There's being a fangirl...and then there's being outright psychotic. I think I'm the latter. Oops. :O

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2005, 07:14:33 AM »
It's cool how you were able to envision all these interesting characters out of the basic lemming form.  Your description doesn't really need to make sense, the characters speak for themselves, and I can clearly imagine how one can create many interesting and intricate RPGs out of these characters you've drawn.

Then again, as a thoroughly non-artistic person, I guess I'm easily impressed.  ;)

Andi

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2005, 07:47:59 PM »
Wow! Really nice! Now that schools starts agian I should have time again to invest in my drawing skills. :p I think I'll also try to give Lemmings longer legs. Hm... somewhere I have a pic of a Lemmings with sword and shield. Hope I can find it.

Lomay

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2005, 08:10:19 PM »
good job daimera!  :thumbsup:

AstralLemming

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2005, 09:32:48 PM »
Excellent job, Daimera. I often draw lemmings, but they rarely go beyond doodles as I can't draw that well. However, this year, I'm going to try my best to change that...

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2005, 03:54:14 AM »
@Daimera: Looks awesome!  I wish I could draw like that...

Edit: Holy crap! The rainbow screen of death!  I'm blind!

Daimera

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2005, 06:42:20 AM »
Quote from: Mindless  link=1091162047/60#68 date=1126497254
@Daimera: Looks awesome! &#A0;I wish I could draw like that...

Edit: Holy crap! The rainbow screen of death! &#A0;I'm blind!

Hahahahahah, serves you right for trying to browse the directory! >:D  *cough*  Good to see that it's still working the way it was meant to. c.c

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »
Woooooooooww!!!! :mikehuh2:

I'm impressed! Great work! :thumbsup:

I'd always consider girls better in drawings than boys! But boys can make good work too. No offense please! :-[ Hee hee!

Andi

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »
Whaaaah! You offended me! You are banned for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!1

;P

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2005, 07:15:01 PM »
WHAT??!! =8O NOOOOOOOooooooo!!!

Ok, ok... I close my mouth! ;P

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Level Database
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2005, 06:06:33 AM »
Quote from: Daimera  link=1091162047/60#63 date=1126415128
Alar &#A0;An Egyptian-tribe fancharacter of mine named Alar-anh, though otherwise known as 'Phaerogh' to most of my friends...<SNiP>

If you're not to busy and whatnot, perhaps you could color this drawing... if your really feeling generous, perhaps you could draw it at the size and detail of the "Dragon Lemmings." &#A0;I can't express how I wish I could draw like that...

BTW, I love (for lack of a better English word; Latin is better :P ) the claws on the Ice Dragon's feet.

Edit: I need to read what I'm typing... XD

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2005, 01:51:05 PM »
If you want to know what she likes, just go here:

Daimera

Squish!

:D