Author Topic: Oh No More Lemmings OGG music...  (Read 1691 times)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Oh No More Lemmings OGG music...
« on: July 11, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZI3aPXZ0iYaK3QR4gRaQ9t1LjfmERwAXGRk

Here's a full set of the music files for Acorn ONML in OGG format. These have been edited with Adobe Audition to be improved a bit.
The MOD files sound great, but some tracks lose parts of the song, like track 05, about 13 seconds in loses the drums for a few seconds. others lose Bass or drums...

Tracks 5, 12, and 18 have been edited in the muli-tracker to include additional instruments, or no dropped out instruments. Track 15 plays longer. Some have stereo separation.

These mostly sound exactly the same as the Acorn MOD originals, but are EQ-tweaked to have a better range of bass, highs, and stereo effects. And when too many instruments at the same time usually caused one instrument to drop, they are edited back in with this version.

Ive also included the Music track list file for NeoLemmix to easily try these out.
If you want the tracklist to be perfect, You should edit the level file for Wicked, level 2 (Introducing SuperLemming) and make that one level play track 26.

Also, If you are interested in a high quality midi converted version of the DOS ONML soundtrack, the link below will download my conversion using Apple's midi soundfont.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZwY1nXZ8MBuyv8h9chezWzJ1iTCS0xY33yy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:29:42 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Re: Oh No More Lemmings OGG music...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 01:26:47 AM »
I think you linked to the wrong file... These are just OGGs of MIDI conversions of the Amiga ONML tracks.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 01:17:04 PM »
Oh no... I will fix tonight. thanks for the catch.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 08:33:25 PM »
Okay, I updated the post to the correct download. I also kept the wrong download on here with an explanation of what it is in case someone wants that.
I believe both of these are the best versions of these music tracks available. The Acorn version is probably closer to what the original musician intended leaving no instrument parts out.
...Jeremy Kapp