Author Topic: Style updates topic  (Read 16041 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Style updates topic
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:44:43 PM »
Please post in this topic any time you make an update to a style, or release a new style, that you would like added / updated in NeoLemmix's style manager. This may include re-posting if you believe an update request was overlooked. Please do not post in this topic for ANY other reason - it WILL be deleted.

Please note that styles you submit to this topic:
1. Should have the download as an attachment, or a link to a post where they are provided as an attachment. I would prefer you avoid Google Drive / etc links - had too many issues with these getting mixed up, resulting in out-of-date versions of styles ending up in the Style Manager.
2. Should contain the FULL style, not just the changes since the last version.

This topic is here because the whole "who do I PM about it?" question has gotten too messy in the past with changes to who it actually is - having a topic removes the need for that. This topic should not be used for end-users to find style downloads - it is for administrative purposes.

It is also fine to post in this topic to let me know of someone else updating their style, if they themself have not posted here about it. You do not have to be the creator of a style to inform me of an update here.

Finally - do NOT rely on posts in this topic remaining here. I will generally delete them from time to time to keep the topic tidy. Remember - this topic is for notifying the NL staff that updates are necessary, nothing else.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 06:13:06 PM by namida »
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Style updates topic
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 08:13:31 PM »
I think the styles from the following releases are missing in the current download:

Festival Millas 2022 - Release Thread: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6137.0

New Styles - Lemmings Faithful: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6713.0

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 05:57:48 PM »
Here is the new version , of the ''turrican_special'' tileset , which contains , the assets needed , for my level , which contains AI art.

EDIT : I uploaded , again a new version of the tileset here , because it contains an extra piece needed , for the new version of my level.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 07:34:53 AM by Turrican »
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2024, 12:11:42 PM »
Updated to here in the style manager and all-styles ZIP.

On a side note - I'm going to nip this trend of huge AI pieces in the bud. It's not reasonable for a single style to be pushing 10MB when it mostly consists of single large pieces of AI art that are many times the size of a reasonable level just for a single piece. Existing styles are safe, but I'm going to start rejecting such styles in the future.

To be clear - this doesn't mean you can't use AI in your styles. It's more about ridiculously large single pieces with large file sizes; AI just seems to be a common factor in such pieces right now. A style designed with AI but consisting of pieces on a scale more typical of NeoLemmix styles, would be absolutely fine. And also to be clear - this does not mean you're "not allowed" to make such styles, or that you'll get banned from the forums for sharing such styles, or anything like that. It just means they won't get added to NL's in-game style downloads (or the all-styles ZIP download).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 02:28:37 AM by namida »
My projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)
Non-Lemmings: Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined (a Commander Keen fangame)