NeoLemmix > Engine Bugs / Suggestions

Plans / WIP-Changelog for V12.13.0

(1/1)

namida:
Changelog so far (click to show/hide)################
# New Features #
################
> Added five new object types:
--- Portals: These are like teleporters, but constant rather than triggered (think fire vs trap) and bidirectional.
--- Assigners: These assign a permanent skill to any lemming that passes through the trigger area (including neutrals / zombies).
--- Deassigners: These remove all permanent skills from any lemming that passes through the trigger area (including neutrals / zombies).
--- Neutralizer: These turn any regular lemming that passes through the trigger area into a neutral lemming.
--- Deneutralizer: These turn any neutral lemming that passes through the trigger area into a regular lemming.
> Added an option to disable music when testplaying levels from the editor.
> Added support for a "max N skill types" talisman.
> Record for fewest different skill types is now tracked. (Quantity only; it does not and will not track which combinations were used.)
> Replay files store the frame on which they are expected to complete, and mass replay check makes use of this to reduce the chance of "undetermined" outcome.

###################
# Fixes - Physics #
###################
> Fixed bug: A builder cannot be assigned when the lemming's Y coordinate is 1 (ie: the highest position it can be without being considered outside the level).
> Fixed bug: A climber who falls after hitting his head on an overhang, where the fall height is exactly the minimum fall distance that is not survivable, may survive the fall if they started climbing from higher or lower than the floor they land on (due to terrain alterations while he's climbing or wall-grabbing as a Jumper).
> Fixed bug: A lemming moving multiple pixels in one frame may pass through thin trigger areas without being affected.
> Fixed bug: An ascender can get stuck in terrain (which he may then be able to step up through if thin enough) under certain circumstances.
> Fixed bug: A setup involving blockers or one way fields, stackers, and walkers could be used to move a lemming through walls.
> Fixed bug: A slider could be assigned a shimmier as they reach the bottom of a wall and turn around.
> Fixed bug: A slider, in certain setups, may land on a pixel behind him (and turn around) even when no wall is present to prevent him walking the way he's already facing.
> Fixed bug: Blockers' detection of other blockers when assigning was slightly incorrect and could lead to valid assignments being prevented in some cases.
> Fixed bug: Builders and platformers going through a teleporter cannot always be followed by other lemmings.
> Fixed bug: Some object checks don't behave as they should immediately after teleporting.
> Fixed bug: Some Slider behaviors that should also be applied to the Dehoister weren't.
> Fixed bug: Stoner-Ohnoers can enter exits without having ground underneath them.

#################
# Fixes - Other #
#################
> Fixed bug: If the selected skill / etc graphic is semitransparent, it gets redrawn over the pause icon when backwards framestepping, effectively becoming more opaque each time.
> Fixed bug: Level version numbers are saved to cleansed level files / replay files in decimal, whereas the editor saves them as hexidecimal. They are now saved as hexidecimal by the game too (older files with decimal values will still function correctly, as the file format allows any numeric value to be stored in either decimal or hex and always has done so).
> Fixed bug: "Don't replay after backwards frameskip" setting not written to the config file.
After initially aiming to focus on improved replay management features for 12.13, I changed course and instead decided to use this update to introduce the new object types.

Potential major features
- New object types (Portal, Assigner, Deassigner, Neutralizer, Deneutralizer)

Other features to consider
- Hotkeys for specific panel positions

Bugs to address
- Inconsistencies with Fencers hitting overhead steel
- Terrain grouping semitransparency bugs

namida:
I have decided to narrow down this list to just the major features that I had earmarked, plus a very small number of easily-implemented minor ones.

Except for one particular one that I commented on individually, this does not mean the other features I had shortlisted here are rejected altogther; just that they won't be 12.13 features.

Generally speaking, any long-standing bugs that existed prior to now won't specifically be on the todo list to fix (though if I happen to feel like making a fix, of course I'll include it), but any further ones that come up between now and V12.13.0's release still may be (and likely will be if they're physics bugs).

namida:
As it currently stands, the new objects have been in evaluation for a long time, and are very much nearing a complete state. On the other hand, very little progress has been made on the replay features. So I'm going to change course here, and instead go for the new objects in this update. This doesn't mean the replay-related features are cancelled; just that they won't be in this update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version