Author Topic: The Button  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
The Button
« on: April 18, 2021, 01:03:06 PM »
Inspired by Reddit April Fools Day 2015 Joke, which was named the samething - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Button_(Reddit)

How to play
1. Post something which clearly states something along the lines of "you pushed the button"
2. Edit the post and add the time between when you pushed the button, and when the previous member pushed the button. Unless you where the first, then post the time between when it began/reset and your post. (Example: If a member said "I pushed the button" at 5:00PM and I sent one at 5:30PM I would edit it and add "30 minuets") you can copy and paste the timestamps and use https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html to caculate this. EDIT: This link is better: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?d1=&m1=&y1=&d2=&m2=&y2=&h1=&i1=&s1=&h2=&i2=&s2=&
3. Whoever has the most time between posts is in the lead
4. Can't post again after you've posted until it resets
5. Highscores and not being able to post resets after every week, starting one week from the date of this post
6. The objective is to get the most times between posts
7. Reset timer is global, not individual

Rules
1. Don't post after you've already posted until it resets
2. Posts for asking questions, and talking about this ect. are allowed and you don't have to wait for these types of posts, just make sure to mark it so

Ask me if you have any questions
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:45:47 PM by Silken Healer »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: The Button
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »
Right. See how well I can learn the rules, although I think they need some clarifying first:
* Because we're adding times, I think this link is better, as this calculates the date AND time.
* People live in different time zones, and every user's forum clock in this forum can be adjusted. E.G. Because I live in the U.K., I use BST. For my sake I'll be submitting the timestamp and timezone. But what would everybody else rather do? Copy what I do, or try and calculate their times to match UTC?

"I pushed the button" at 9:57:48 AM BST

Edit: Added 48 seconds to my timestamp. So the duration is 1 day, 7 hours, 54 minutes and 42 seconds. Is that better?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:42:12 PM by Minim »
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 09:31:43 PM »
I pushed the button

My score is 3 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes and 55 seconds

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile