Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Rank select doesn't update main menu  (Read 1073 times)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
[BUG][PLAYER] Rank select doesn't update main menu
« on: March 11, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »
Let's say I want, for whatever reason, to combine two or more packs into a mega-pack, so that the structure is:

Code: [Select]
Mega-Pack > Pack A > Ranks A1, A2, A3
            Pack B > Ranks B1, B2, B3

This is relatively simple in NL: put both packs inside a mega-pack folder, remove "BASE" from their levels.nxmi files, and make a levels.nxmi for the mega-pack.

However, there's one small issue. NL's main menu displays the name and author of the current pack, just above where it displays NL's version number. This information is, correctly, read from either Pack A's or Pack B's info.nxmi, rather than that of the mega-pack.

Now, if I use the arrow keys to select a rank, I move from A1, A2, A3 to B1, B2, B3, but when I move onto the B ranks, the name of pack A is still displayed.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Rank select doesn't update main menu
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »
The menu basically isn't written to expect a rank change to be an outright pack change - I would actually think that if it were expanded to do so, it would make sense to also allow (perhaps) left / right to switch packs much like switching ranks on the preview screen.

But to be clear: The above is explaining why it's the way it is currently, not saying "it won't change". This is well worth looking into.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)