Author Topic: Plans for V12.12.0  (Read 2755 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Plans for V12.12.0
« on: February 10, 2021, 06:49:43 AM »
V12.12.0 changelog so far (click to show/hide)

The major feature for V12.12 will of course be the Slider and Laserer skills. There's a few minor features, see the changelog above. At this stage, no further features will be considered for V12.12.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:27:31 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for V12.12.0
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 07:02:28 AM »
Happy to see "No Effect Triggered Objects" on the list of potential features.

Although some people don't agree with them, they should be treated like background objects then people will have the option to turn them off in the options.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »
they should be treated like background objects then people will have the option to turn them off in the options.

That's the plan.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:12:58 PM »
Okay so - I won't be doing any major overhaul of the replay editor or mass replay checker for 12.12. To be clear - those features are not cancelled, they're just not going to be part of this update. With that being said, there are some minor but nice tweaks to the existing replay editor - see the WIP changelog in the first post for more info.

I'm also going to leave the turnaround indicator for clear physics mode until later, as I'm still not sure what the optimal way to indicate this is. I've also knocked a minor UI bug off the todo list as well for now, although it's the kind that could later get a fix in a 12.12.X update (rather than having to wait for 12.13). The remaining features listed above are still most likely 12.12 features / fixes.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 11:11:55 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 02:53:46 AM »
I would say I'm in two minds about the triggered background object, because I envisioned a gas flame that only reaches full power if a lemming walks over it, incinerating them, but at the same time it must act like a fire object and kill all lemmings, the idea being that the triggered object is the flame roaring to full power, while a separate, mostly invisible object, probably with just a small pilot light, is the actual fire object.  Being able to disable that background object would ruin the effect a bit (it's fine to be invisible in clear physics mode).