Author Topic: [BUG][Player] NL does not respond anymore - trying to assign an "infinite" skill  (Read 881 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So I was playing ArtLems today when I came across the situation in the attached replay.

Just replay it until everything is assigned. Then wait until the lemming begins to fall into the shaft and pause. Select the basher and try to assign it to the lemming at the bottom of the shaft --> NL does not respond anymore as the basher is infinite and the skill goes on for forever. Hiding skill shadows and then assigning the skill works. 8-)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Commit 52e8075 adds a duration limit to how long the game will simulate for the sake of destructive skill shadows.

Constructive skills don't appear to need them - even if you set up an infinite loop with teleporters, the skill still advances one frame each cycle. The Shimmier, Jumper and Glider shadows, as well as the projection shadow, already have such limits.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)