Author Topic: PC-98 Lemmings  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
PC-98 Lemmings
« on: January 05, 2021, 05:08:01 AM »
There isn't much about this port out there (I've seen several lists of ports that are unaware of its existence), so I've been messing with it a bit.

These are my somewhat disorganized notes on it:

It doesn't use either the Amiga or DOS music ordering. I have not yet determined if music is tied to the level or to an order like in DOS.

The level format is largely shared with DOS, and the PC-98 levels can be loaded and saved by vanilla Lemmix without issue. Repeat levels appear to be stored differently somehow - I didn't see an ODDTABLE.DAT. I assume it's probably still there somewhere, though - but I don't know where. Passwords are shared with DOS as well, and the special graphics levels are included. I have not noticed any level differences between DOS and PC-98 so far. However, the UI is based off the Amiga version rather than the DOS version.

I don't have much experience with the DOS version glitches to test them in this version, However, I was able to confirm that direct drop works in this version of the game. I would not be surprised from what I've seen so far if most of the DOS glitches still work here.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: PC-98 Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:39:51 AM »
Tricky 21?

(EDIT: Found the ROM, managed to extract it and open the DAT files. Looks like it's the same as DOS.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:47:25 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)