Lix > Lix Levels

Chicago-Themed Terrain

(1/9) > >>

Liebatron:
Today I started making a Chicago Elevated Rail terrain set, and I wanted to put a level I made with it out here! It's not super complicated, but I had fun making it!

I'll be busy with other stuff for a couple days, but I'm pretty happy with how the train cars themselves came out in this pack. The ones here are the 2400/2600 series Chicago El rolling stock; I think next I want to make some sprites for the 4000-series cars; they ran from 1914 through the 50s mostly, but weren't completely retired until 1973. The 4000-series cars are my favorite Chicago El rolling stock. Everyone should have a favorite Chicago Elevated Rail rolling stock production line. But anyway, Lemmings! Or in this case Lix! Let me know if anyone wants to see more Chicago terrain stuff!

Proxima:
Looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Liebatron:
Thanks! I was going to go to bed because I have to drive tomorrow, but instead of doing that, I did the logical thing and made revisions to a level right after posting it...

There's stars and a moon now! No other changes. I know you probably can't really see stars at night in Chicago, but we can pretend.

Simon:
This is a lovely idea for a set, great work!

When you're happy with the set, we can discuss including it in the Lix standard download.

The scale of these tiles (in comparison with the lixes) is so that it it still looks reasonable; any smaller and the lixes would look gigantic in comparison. The benefit of this scale is that we can have entire buildings as single tiles. Looking forward to how you continue with the set!

Are you going to create some solid terrain pieces to serve as ground under the grass/road, or to put in midair? In a pinch, one can put earth from other tilesets below the train landscape.

-- Simon

Liebatron:
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

Also, I'm home again! I have some stone ground tiles with grass on them, but it's still pretty bare bones right now. I have a couple ideas for floating blocks and the like, but I'm not sure exactly how I want to implement those yet... I'm thinking making 'floating buildings' would be cool, but I might add some clouds too.

I also want to add some gadgets, but I'm not entirely sure what the rules are for those. I've got a working exit, hatch, I think I've got water figured out, and I found the gadget parameter help file, but for some reason one of the traps I'm trying to make won't render in the game. The file for it is larger than most traps, and I wonder if it's because I've overrun a size limitation of some sort? Is there a limit to how many frames you can add, how large they can be, or how large the animation png can be?

EDIT: Nevermind! The trap is working! I took out some non-moving frames at the end of the animation, so I'm guessing I just hit a frame limit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version