Author Topic: I (finally!) played Lemmings Revolution  (Read 1209 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
I (finally!) played Lemmings Revolution
« on: September 17, 2020, 07:06:19 PM »
Just the first few levels so far. (it was a task in itself to get this working on Wine, lemme tell ya!) But man these controls are positively archaic. Even compared to previous Lemmings games there's something so... quaint about tapping the control button to zoom in, for example, or using the right mouse button to increase and left mouse button to decrease the release rate.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: I (finally!) played Lemmings Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:27:58 PM »
Have you played Lemmings 3D? If not - wait until you experience its camera controls. (It's a great game overall, for sure - even if the official levels don't really take full advantage of its potential - but the camera controls are very awkward...)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Re: I (finally!) played Lemmings Revolution
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 08:03:37 PM »
I had the playstation version. It's not quite as demented but I needed to spend some time getting them set up and getting used to them. I downloaded the dos version from the link in your signature, it's a bit tougher to get used to tbh. But not entirely unintuitive.