Author Topic: VampPrince Lemmings  (Read 8451 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
VampPrince Lemmings
« on: August 03, 2020, 10:38:17 PM »
This is a pack containing 128 out of 130 levels created by AbirdVampPrince.  I have converted them from .lvl files to .nxlv files so they can be played on the most recent Neolemmix version.

PLEASE BE AWARE

I have not checked these for playability/solvability post conversion so if you come across any levels like that let me know and ill do my best to repair them without altering the level too much as these are not my creations.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: VampPrince Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 03:23:15 AM »
cool I downloaded this. I'll have to slowly play this. Although I don't know anything about this pack, It would be cool to have replays for this too.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 03:43:37 AM »
I already played this pack a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I don't have any replays saved, as I played it on a very old NL version, i.e, 1.43 or older, the version that Lemmicks is compatible with. Not that it really matters, as I believe the author is no longer active here. Even with the pack compatible with the latest version of NL, there shouldn't be any problems with any of the levels. From what I remember, the pack is quite easy for the most part. The only hard nuts I remember were a few remakes of the original levels at the beginning of the Mayhem rank, as well as one near the end of the rank that has a really cool music track. I think it's the only level where there's singing.

Also, sam you mentioned that you only have 128 of the 130 levels available? Can they not be converted to the most recent NL version? In any case, I have the two missing levels if anyone wants them.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 03:53:16 AM »
unfortunatly Mantha only gave the levels but no music track. And she didn't put them into ranks. They're just listed levels 1 -128, If you have the 2 missing ones I'll convert them to NL.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 04:17:12 AM »
I just find it really strange that two levels are missing, so I'm just asking why you're missing them, not demanding them. My guess is that the download you had happened to have them missing. And yes, the version I played had the levels organized in ranks, so apparently the downloads we each have are different. In any case, I will provide them to eric, as I'm not quite familiar with how converting works. Perhaps once I start working with the editor it'll become less foreign to me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 04:32:34 AM »
apologies i just realised eric was talking to karwhyn not me so it wasnt as arsey as it came across.

I just converted for myself cos i wanted to play them in most recent NL so couldnt be bothered to figure out which ones hadnt converted and just posted cos I thought other people might want to play them

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 04:37:31 AM »
apologies i just realised eric was talking to karwhyn not me so it wasnt as arsey as it came across.

No worries. It happens.

I just converted for myself cos i wanted to play them in most recent NL so couldnt be bothered to figure out which ones hadnt converted and just posted cos I thought other people might want to play them

Got it. Then I was right about them being unable to convert, and this also means both our downloads have all 130 levels. I've sent eric the files, so let's see if he can make something of it.

@eric I PMed you the files, check your messages.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 04:46:36 AM »
i dont see rank info tho but that might just be cos im used to how nxlv files are sorted since ive only made levels in the nxlv files and didnt do any design in lvl files

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 04:48:52 AM »
I got the rank info from running the pack with the download I have. I gave eric all my files. He might be able to make something of them.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 09:02:16 PM »
ok here is VampPrinces lemmings for new formats neolemmix. It now has all 130 levels(Including the 2 missing ones). Also they are now put into the appropriate ranks

The 2 missing ones were Taxing 11 Rainbow Road, and Mayhem 4 Where's your Holiday Spirit? (now both are in the neolemmix pack)

10 in Vamp Camp                                                 
30 in Vamp Fun
30 in Vamp Tricky
30 in Vamp Taxing
30 in Vamp Mayhem
------------------------
130 total levels

The only thing I couldn't manage to do was extract the appropriate music from the Play me music.dat as I'm having difficulties trying to do it, since it was in the old format.
I tried a few tools, but nothing is working. Note: if Namida knows how to do it, please let me know.

Anyways, just extract these levels to your main neolemmix folder(preferably a new player folder).

Also thanks Kaywhyn for supplying these 130 levels including the 2 missing ones. Also the 2 missing ones were very difficult to try to get into NL's editor from the 1.43 one as for some
reason the styles wouldn't transfer, but now after many attempts to get it in NL, I finally got it. (maybe this is why Mantha16 didn't have the 2 missing ones)

You can now see the 2 missing ones in Taxing 11 and Mayhem 4, they are now there.

for music dowload from my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w1wyf1dqgo01lwm/AABP1S1hykYuS9aG5mhDNRCya?dl=1

Also if anybody wants to play this, I would be happy to collect the replays from you as I'm not very good at puzzle solving.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 03:22:39 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 09:46:17 PM »
Nicely done, eric! :thumbsup: I'm glad that I was able to provide you everything necessary for you to get it to work. I do feel bad that I sucked up your time from your other conversion project of Mobilems, but it seems like this detour was worth it. I wouldn't had known how to do it myself, as I have yet to fully use the editor, so I thought I pass it on to someone who at least has better knowledge of it, especially since you're currently working on a NL level pack yourself, Angry Lemmings.

Back when sam made the OP I meant to inquire about the 2 missing levels and I wanted to respond that I have the missing levels if anyone wanted them. I guess my attention was really divided at the time, as I completely forgot. In a way, I have eric to thank for responding to this topic last night that drew my attention and then that's when I remember that I wanted to respond that I have the two missing levels. However, as eric later pointed out, he is correct in that sam does have the 2 levels that weren't in the OP, they just didn't convert properly for some reason. Seems that eric also had problems trying to convert them due to "styles not transferring." Finally, eric is correct in that the two missing levels are Taxing 11 and Mayhem 4. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the two levels to finally work?

The only thing I couldn't manage to do was extract the appropriate music from the Play me music.dat as I'm having difficulties trying to do it, since it was in the old format.
I tried a few tools, but nothing is working. Note: if Namida knows how to do it, please let me know.

Perhaps another person who might know how is WillLem, seeing that he's quite knowledgeable about music formats and files.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »
First of all Taxing 11 Rainbow Road some of the objects were missing from NL's Namida Psychodelic style. the 2 radiation traps and the 4 teleporters arent listed in his NL one, but they are in 1.43's
Psychodelic style so I had to make a 2nd Psychodelic one into Nl from 1.43. So now there's 2 Psychodelic styles in the NL editor. (This one was hard to explain since it involved a technical issue that's kind of complicated. Also when I converted it from 1.43 to NL, all the builder pickup skills didn't show up in NL so I had to manually add them in NL, by looking at the 1.43 at the same time.
so the Psychodelic style in 1.43 is more complete than Namida's NL one. So if I decide on making levels using the Psychodelic style in NL, I will use the One from 1.43 that's now in NL.

And for Mayhem 4 Where's your holiday Spirit again 1.43 uses rock-christmas which is very similar to Gigalem's Xmas-rock style in NL. But for some reason I had to make a 2nd one from 1.43
and put it into NL(So Now I have 2-1 called xmas-rock(Gigalem) originally in NL) and rock-christmas from 1.43. But for some reason when I converted it to NL it wouldn't accept it in NL using
Xmas-rock(Gigalem), only the rock-christmas. So that's why I also now have rock-christmas as another style in NL).
Again both these issues were kind of technical too, So this is most likely why Mantha16 didn't convert these 2 levels. I don't think Mantha16 would have been able to figure this out-too techincal for her.

also I just solved both these 2 levels to make sure they work. Now only the music issue I can't figure out, probably also a very technical issue since it was in old formats.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
wow you really are rude

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 11:29:47 PM »
First of all Taxing 11 Rainbow Road some of the objects were missing from NL's Namida Psychodelic style. the 2 radiation traps and the 4 teleporters arent listed in his NL one, but they are in 1.43's
Psychodelic style so I had to make a 2nd Psychodelic one into Nl from 1.43. So now there's 2 Psychodelic styles in the NL editor. (This one was hard to explain since it involved a technical issue that's kind of complicated. Also when I converted it from 1.43 to NL, all the builder pickup skills didn't show up in NL so I had to manually add them in NL, by looking at the 1.43 at the same time.
so the Psychodelic style in 1.43 is more complete than Namida's NL one. So if I decide on making levels using the Psychodelic style in NL, I will use the One from 1.43 that's now in NL.

Ah, yes, this one is easy. I took a look at the level in the old player, and the reason why this wouldn't convert properly is simple: radiation was culled completely from New Formats NL and so it doesn't support it. You can only find slow freeze and radiation in Old Formats NL, such as in Strato's LWT pack for Old Formats. I have completely forgotten that there was such a level from this pack that had them.

And for Mayhem 4 Where's your holiday Spirit again 1.43 uses rock-christmas which is very similar to Gigalem's Xmas-rock style in NL. But for some reason I had to make a 2nd one from 1.43
and put it into NL(So Now I have 2-1 called xmas-rock(Gigalem) originally in NL) and rock-christmas from 1.43. But for some reason when I converted it to NL it wouldn't accept it in NL using
Xmas-rock(Gigalem), only the rock-christmas. So that's why I also now have rock-christmas as another style in NL).
Again both these issues were kind of technical too, So this is most likely why Mantha16 didn't convert these 2 levels. I don't think Mantha16 would have been able to figure this out-too techincal for her.

I think the problems arise due to tile mixing, but I'm not certain. Then again, the colors are a bit different from the tilesets from the original games, so they're not exactly identical.

Now only the music issue I can't figure out, probably also a very technical issue since it was in old formats.

Yea, it's something about the way the music works in Old Formats. In those packs, if the music wasn't provided as a download, it worked automatically in the .nxp file. If a download was available, the content had to be extracted to the music folder. At least the pack has now been updated to work and is completely playable in New Formats NL, so it's no big deal if we can't get the music to work, but it's a shame, because I remember there were some really awesome tracks in the pack. Since I gave you the files, you can even listen to the music by loading the pack up in the old NL player.

In any case, after reading about the multiple issues that arose during the conversion process, I was definitely right to hand the task over to you. Not only do I lack the necessary knowledge to do it myself, even if I eventually did figure it out it would likely take me way too long to get anything done. You managed to get it all done in less than a day. It probably would take me several days or not even at all.

So, huge thanks both to sam for converting nearly all of the entire pack to New Formats, and eric's dedication, time, and effort in picking up the remaining slack in converting the 2 levels that wouldn't convert properly over to New Formats, as well as properly organizing the levels in the ranks that Albird intended, the pack is now complete with all 130 levels present. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:13 PM »
youre welcome karwhyn