Author Topic: The Video Game Music Challenge [Suggestion and Discussion]  (Read 12392 times)

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
Re: The Video Game Music Challenge [Suggestion and Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »
3 out of the 6 prompts so far have involved picking your favourite track in your category. Are you planning to do a lot of these? They are interesting, but also limiting, I feel.

I agree here.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 06:40:55 PM »
Thank you @607 for the feedback. I completely understand your points and honestly something I didn't even think about so I'm glad you brought it up. Going forward I will take these points into consideration :)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 08:01:34 PM »
I've got a question: is "dark/gloomy" just a subset of "atmospheric"?
That was my initial idea too, but for me also my track for the third prompt did not turn out to be an atmospheric one. :)

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 02:37:43 PM »
It depends on the track! The track I had in mind ( and I will post  in the thread ) is a really dark electronic track , but it has also very fast tempo and it is very heavy! It's not something that you would call "atmospheric"!
That was my initial idea too, but for me also my track for the third prompt did not turn out to be an atmospheric one. :)

Okay, I've got a better picture now. I suppose I've mostly only listened to tracks that are either just atmospheric or atmospheric + dark/gloomy.