Author Topic: Reuse of old levels  (Read 2381 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Reuse of old levels
« on: September 25, 2019, 11:05:57 PM »
Just a quick opinion, maybe this might be the wrong place to post this.

Would it be considered bad practice if I added a level I made a few years ago on this topic to the new level pack i'm making just now? (Downfall lemming) level seems to be considered not bad a few years ago so I thought yeah I might add this to my new level pack.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Reuse of old levels
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 12:07:56 AM »
Not at all! It's absolutely okay for packs to include levels that have been released before, whether as-is or with whatever changes you want. It's your level, after all :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Reuse of old levels
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
I've split this discussion to its own topic and moved it to the Level Design board, as I think that's a more appropriate place for it.

In terms of grams88's actual question: I see nothing wrong with this at all, and in fact I would consider it a good idea in the case where you have a pack you overall aren't too proud of but have a few levels you (or the audience) really liked. I've done this myself a few times - most notably, Lemmings Plus I, which contains mostly original levels but has a few that are ported from my (otherwise-mostly-crap) previous packs on Cheapo and WinLemm, some examples including "Return Of The T", "No Time To Die", "Oblivion" and "To The End!".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)