Author Topic: About Acorn Archimedes Lemmings  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
About Acorn Archimedes Lemmings
« on: September 22, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
I was playing these days to the Acorn Archimedes version of Lemmings (via emulator). Does this game use the keyboard for anything? It's difficult to play without a key for Pause, and none of the keys in my laptop (including Num Lock ones) seems to provide any shortcut for selecting tasks.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: About Acorn Archimedes Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »
I briefly played that game on emulator back when I was doing something with extracting its music, and I distinctly remember the lack of keyboard pausing.  Like you I'm pretty sure I tried just about every key combo there is in hopes of making the game pause, but no dice.

So barring a problem with the emulator, perhaps the game just doesn't use keyboard at all.  Maybe one of very few people here who had actually played on the real hardware (are any of them still around?) can confirm or deny whether that's the case.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »
I had a Mac myself, so I'm not very familiar with the Archimedes version, but I have played it when visiting friends back in high school.

I don't remember whether it has any keyboard shortcuts, but to my knowledge, most versions of the original game did not have keyboard shortcuts for selecting skills. (The Mac was one of the few that did -- Z and X for selecting the previous and next skill -- but these were undocumented features that were left for the player to discover for themselves, along with fast-forward and walker-only select.)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
Thank you for your responses! It's quite an experience and a challenge to play without a key for Pause!