Author Topic: NeoLemmix Installer would refuse to overwrite existing files  (Read 2695 times)

Offline tor

• View Profile
NeoLemmix Installer would refuse to overwrite existing files
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:09:21 AM »
Hello:I'm trying to update my NeoLemmix to the latest version using the NeoLemmix Installer. Update, meaning overwriting the existing files in the folder of the old installation of NeoLemmix. However, instead of overwriting the existing files or at least asking if you want to overwrite the existing files, NeoLemmix Installer, simply states that the file is already exists and refuses to continue, requires me to install NeoLemmix in a new folder or delete the old installation of NeoLemmix.Can someone correct this bug?
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix Installer would refuse to overwrite existing files
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
I'll look into it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix Installer would refuse to overwrite existing files
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 06:43:00 PM »
Could you please elaborate on this? I just tried to reproduce this and could not - both in the case of a ZIP file that gets extracted, and a non-ZIP file that just directly gets copied, the installer seems to overwrite correctly.

If possible, can you include screenshots of both the error message, and the installer window itself at the time of the error?

Could you also confirm - are you on Windows, or are you using it under WINE on Linux (or Mac)?

(Also - I'm assuming you're using the new installer; ie: the one that gives a list of level packs and you can choose which ones to download or not. If this is not the case, please get the up to date installer from here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3654.0 )
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)