Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] The status of levels won't change after dump replay  (Read 1824 times)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
After the dump replay on the levels, the status on the levels remain unchanged.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] The status of levels won't change after dump replay
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 03:30:35 AM »
NL 12.6.0 and onwards have a feature where only your own replays will update your completion stats (so if you watch someone else's replay, it won't interfere). However, it can't correctly identify replays as yours if they predate this feature, or if you don't have a username entered.

Thus, most likely causes:
1. You've entered your username as "Anonymous" or left it blank. If there's no name to match replays to, NL always assumes replays aren't yours.
2. You're using replay files which aren't marked as "yours". This is almost certainly the case when dealing with replays created in V12.4.1 or earlier, which have no username saved in them.

In the first case, enter a name under the config menu. If you don't feel comfortable entering an actual username (the only thing NL uses it for is saving in replay files, and matching against when loading replays), just enter some garbage like "abc123" here.

In the second case, you can either start NL with the "-match-blank-replay-username" command line parameter, which will for that session only treat no-username replays as if they were yours; or you can use the Replay Owner tool, found in the 2nd post in the V12.6.0 release topic, to quickly modify lots of replay files to include your username.

EDIT: Although you can use the Replay Owner tool, the newer Replay Refresher tool covers username-adding as well as general "keeping up to date format-wise": https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4378.0
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 07:53:23 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »
Can you confirm whether the above resolved your issue?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
As the original poster is not responding and no one else is reporting this issue, I'm closing this topic now. If anyone else has this issue and the pointers in my first reply do not help, please create a new report.
My Lemmings projects