Author Topic: [FIXED][BUG][EDITOR] Left-facing entrances are drawn flipped  (Read 1680 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
In-game, such windows are drawn as normal, simply with directional indicators displayed at the start of the level and in Clear Physics Mode.

An indicator would need to be added if the draw-flipped is fixed, so I haven't done that yet. I have implemented a semi-fix in commit 3177040, which ignores flipping for the purpose of drawing the window's trigger area. Not perfect, but it's good enough to at least give an accurate portrayal of the physics of the window.

Why this matters: Yes, all (or most?) current windows are close to symmetrical, but (a) many aren't perfectly symmetrical, and (b) this doesn't mean all future ones will be. If we're only worried about (a), my semi-fix should be good enough alone.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:00:29 AM by Nepster »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Left-facing entrances are drawn flipped
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:36:19 PM »
I implemented it this way to give at least some visual clue in the editor, how the hatch is facing. So the actually intended behavior would have been exactly what you did in your commit 3177040.

I totally agree though, that this was not a perfect solution and should be replaced by something like displaying a small directional marker in the editor. Will have a look...

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Left-facing entrances are drawn flipped
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:00 AM »
I implemented now a better way of rendering flipped hatches: The hatch sprite now gets never flipped (consistent with the player), but now an arrow is drawn at the bottom right corner of the hatch to indicate the direction.