Author Topic: Proposed overhaul of flopsy_starlight terrain tiles  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Proposed overhaul of flopsy_starlight terrain tiles
« on: April 17, 2019, 12:29:07 AM »
Ok, as mentioned in another topic I am currently overhauling a lot of my tilesets at the moment.

Star Light is one of my weak link tilesets, I did kind of rush this one (late in SEB Lems development) and I am just now coming back to polish up the tiles in this tileset since I have improved as a tileset creator.

Here's an example

Notice all of the black gaps in the top left of this tile, it is not transparent at all and I feel this makes the tileset look sloppy.

This affects about 60% of the tiles in the terrain folder and this is probably the worst case example in the image shown, there are other tiles with gaps like this but there are less gaps.

I feel like I want to address this issue but as this tileset has been in the public domain for a few years now, I wanted to propose to the community whether this is a good move or not. I don't want to just go and do it without giving people warning first.
I think as I have not seen a great amount of Star Light levels released since the tileset's release that this would not be a great issue to many people.

If people do have levels which use this tileset, a simple fix would be to just fill in the gaps I will create by using tiles tucked behind the tiles with gaps.

I do intend to do this to flopsy_starlight soon and I just want to give a warning that I intend to do so.

One thing to note is that I will not be drastically changing the shape/outline of the tiles so for the most part this will only affect levels if the Lemmings are using destructive skills through these tiles.