Off-Topic Boards > Live Event Scheduling

Ocarina of Time Race

<< < (2/10) > >>

Colorful Arty:
Doesn't the randomizer require you to be able to pull off the crazy glitches though? I don't even know how to pull off bomb hovering, let alone major skips like the Door of Time skip.

Also, is your 10 minute limit due to recording software? If so, OBS is free and has no limit to the length of footage you can record at once.

nin10doadict:
My computer is too old to run OBS.
Edit: Scratch that, it works fine. Maybe I was remembering some other program I couldn't use, or maybe it's since been updated? Either way, looks promising...

The randomizer can be set up so that it forces a glitchless run to be possible. However, there is still the risk that key items could get put in really unpleasant places, such as behind the fishing minigame or the ten Big Poes...

Flopsy:
Isn't a randomiser run not really a race though because it's not going to be equal for everyone, some people will get bad runs and some will get good runs?

I might start a S3&K race in a separate topic if there is interest but there's no point doing it right now while this topic is going.
Arty, you should join the S3&K race too because even though you haven't played the game, Nessy was able to beat it quite quickly on his first try.

nin10doadict:
The point is to give everyone the same randomizer seed. The game will be randomized but it will be the same for everyone.

That all said, randomizers are better for people who are very experienced with the game in question and who know where everything is in vanilla. It's very easy to get stuck by having a key item that you need get placed in some obscure, easy-to-forget-about location.

I could try racing Sonic 3 as well... I've only played it a tiny bit and am horrible at Sonic games in general though.

607:
I've never played Ocarina of Time, but this sounds like a fun idea. I don't think I could beat it blind, though. :P (certainly not in one sitting)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version