Author Topic: Help a scrub solve levels!  (Read 4973 times)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
Help a scrub solve levels!
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
I believe it's well known at this point that I'm not particularly good at this game. Many a custom level has stumped me. Instead of just giving up though like I've done before, I'd actually like to beat these levels. I cannot do it alone, I admit. So, I invite you all to lend me a hand!

I realize I could just look up replays or solutions, but that's not nearly as fun or flexible as getting hints. I could also PM the level creator and just ask them, but I dinna wanna do that either. ;P This way gives a chance for even those who haven't solved the level to give input. Two heads are better than one and all that jazz.

I'll post a video of the level that's currently driving me up the wall, detailing what progress (if any) I've made on it. Leave a hint or suggestion in the comments of the video or just reply on this topic.

After I solve the level and get stuck on another, the video will be deleted and I will edit this topic to post a new one.

:devil: Today's Target :devil:
Nothing right now.

:thumbsup: Levels solved so far with help :thumbsup:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:07:11 AM by nin10doadict »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: Help a scrub solve levels!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:43:02 PM »
Watched your video on "Dareful Drop (Part II)"

Okay so I am kind of bad at giving hints so I just hope they end up good instead of really bad :8():

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 08:03:37 PM »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:09:59 PM »
...Nope, still not enough. I'm gonna need more than that. I've tweaked everything. The platformer, the builder, the timing of the floaters, the release rate. Nothing works. This level is just so absurdly precise.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:22 AM »
Ugh, finally solved this level. So bitter.

Don't have the energy to go find another level to get stuck on right now.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 09:17:23 PM »
I have regained some composure and have found a new level to get stuck on. Check the first post for the details.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »
Slight hint:

Bigger hint:

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 01:04:28 AM »
Solved it. Thanks much!
I'm still searching for the next stumper.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »
I'd be very interested to see how some of the really hard LPO2 or NepsterLems levels play out in the context of this type of topic.

If you're considering LPO2, let me know if you'd like some suggestions that I think might work out well for this topic. (Of particular note, Insanity Plea is one level that I think would not work well.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
I will likely get into other packs with this same topic later. I have been diving back into LPIV for instance, and have solved a few more levels that I couldn't before.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 03:22:12 PM »
I will likely get into other packs with this same topic later. I have been diving back into LPIV for instance, and have solved a few more levels that I couldn't before.

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

Trying again from time to time will bring you further, even if some steps are little. And you will see in future packs that you will get better and better as a result. ;)