Author Topic: [Fixed][sug, Editor] press Escape should not immediately close  (Read 4698 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [sug, Editor] press Escape should not immediately close
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 09:15:08 PM »
1) The temp file is only for playtesting purposes. When exiting playtest mode, it already gets deleted. So usually you won't have it around when quitting the editor.
2) As long as you don't terminate the editor process, the editor will always ask whether you want to save the level or not. This even applies on any crashes (as long as Windows still reacts).

1, unless this is a new thing for the next update, is not true it seems. I just tried entering playtest mode, then exiting it. Temp level file remained. Only when I quit the editor, it disappeared. V1.8, maybe I'm out of date?

2, I was thinking more in the case of the accidental hit Esc, then clicking "No" (thinking "No, I don't want to exit"). With that being fixed, this is no longer an issue, I don't think. Although it could also be relevant to if the entire OS crashes, or in case of power failure for those using desktops.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [sug, Editor] press Escape should not immediately close
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 05:33:21 PM »
1, unless this is a new thing for the next update, is not true it seems. I just tried entering playtest mode, then exiting it. Temp level file remained. Only when I quit the editor, it disappeared. V1.8, maybe I'm out of date?
Sorry, I remembered this wrong. I tried to code deleting the temp file on finishing playtesting, but failed to do so as playtesting is done in a separate process.