Author Topic: [NO-BUG]cannot move/rename files  (Read 1615 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
[NO-BUG]cannot move/rename files
« on: April 01, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »
has anyone else had this problem?

Sometimes, I cannot figure out why; I'm unable to move, edit or rename folders inside of NeoLemmix (sometimes levels, music, graphics etc) with the popup message: "cannot move etc. because file(s) are open in another program"

Even though they are clearly not. This has only happened to me like this with NeoLemmix. Closing programs doesn't help. The only thing that seems to fix this is deleting the entire folder to the recycle bin then bringing it back. If anything really was being used by another program I normally wouldn't be allowed to delete it.

It seems atm, to move any folder within NL I must first delete it to the recycle bin then move it where I want from there.

CORRECTIONS: This doesn't always work. In some cases, I seem  to be permanently locked out of files.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:08:49 PM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: cannot move/rename files
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »
when downloading the latest stable version of NeoLemmix from the website; this still happens to the brand new NL; before I've done anything to it except extract it.

It happens also with the styles folder that I downloaded from the NL website.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:32:10 PM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 10:39:53 PM »
If it happens with a brand-new download that hasn't been run yet, it's probably not NeoLemmix at fault.

My first suspicion would be your antivirus. My second would be some kind of auto-backup software like Google Drive or Dropbox, if NeoLemmix is in a folder where these apps might touch it. Third guess would be a virus.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 10:59:38 PM »
If it happens with a brand-new download that hasn't been run yet, it's probably not NeoLemmix at fault.

My first suspicion would be your antivirus. My second would be some kind of auto-backup software like Google Drive or Dropbox, if NeoLemmix is in a folder where these apps might touch it. Third guess would be a virus.

thank you!!! This was apparently it: my antivirus, as soon as I turn it off it stops doing this.

But wtf: it's never done this before!? I use malewarebytes and never had issues, it's one of the better antivirus's imo. Must be a recent update... >:( >:(

-Hakuin Ekaku