Author Topic: [FIXED][BUG][FLEXI] Navigating sprites dropdown with arrow keys doesn't update display  (Read 1252 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to the Sprites tab
2. Select something in the dropdown box used to select sprites
3. Use the Up and Down arrows to select a different option

Expected: Graphic shown changes to correspond to the new selection
Actual result: Nothing changes, except the selected item name
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
There are also somewhat weird effects when doing this in other dropdown boxes (eg. scroller texts) too.

I don't know exactly how forms work in C#. In Delphi, you get bugs similar to this if you rely on the OnClick / OnChange event handling; the OnSelectionChange event should be used instead to properly handle this case (it even handles cases where the selection is changed by other code, though in this case it passes a boolean value that indicates the change was not performed by the user).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Well, I am already using the OnSelectionChange event. However in C# it only triggers when you do a double click or press return or such. :P
I will see what can be done...

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Ok, managed to improve this behavior now.