Author Topic: Sonic Tuesdays: Proxima's Sonic LPs  (Read 864 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Sonic Tuesdays: Proxima's Sonic LPs
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:26:16 pm »
Latest part: Sonic 1 (Game Gear) - Bridge Zone

As the chat regulars will know, I've been a huge Sonic fan since childhood, and I don't think I'm the only one :P So I figured, it's about time I did some Sonic letsplays. I know Flopsy and Arty are also doing them, but there are a lot of Sonic games, so I'll cover some of the games they missed, and even when we do the same game, I'll have a different approach and different things to say about them.

It's also going to be a voyage of discovery for me: I've completed Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles before, but that leaves a lot of games that I've never even played, so I'll be going in blind.

I'm starting with Sonic 1 because it's a logical place to start, being the very first game of the series, and my aim is to post a video every Tuesday. (I was going to do them on Sundays, but I was unwell this weekend, and next Sunday is a long way off, so....)

I have a fair idea of which games I intend to do after that, but I think I'll keep it to myself as it's fun to surprise people 8-)

Playlist:

Sonic 1 (Mega Drive) - Green Hill, Marble, Spring Yard, Labyrinth, Star Light / Scrap Brain 1, Scrap Brain 2 and 3 / Final Zone
Sonic 1 (Game Gear) - Green Hill, Bridge
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:21:51 pm by Proxima »

Offline Flopsy

• Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Tuesdays: Proxima's Sonic LPs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »
Awesome, it's finally happening :)

Really enjoyed the first part and you even managed to show me some secrets which I didn't know, looking forward to learning more from the remaining videos :)
SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Gotta Go Fast (in progress)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:50:49 pm »
Time for another game! Sonic 1 (Game Gear) begins today.

I'm also thinking of branching out, continuing with Sonic on Tuesdays and other games at the weekend. If that works out, I might be beginning a new LP from next weekend 8-)

Offline Flopsy

• Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 02:27:44 pm »
The game gear games are brilliant, why did you opt for these over the Master System versions though?
SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Gotta Go Fast (in progress)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:23:19 pm »
My best friend at school had a Game Gear, so this was the version of Sonic 1 I knew when I was growing up. I didn't even know about the Mega Drive game until I rediscovered the series as an adult; my cousins only had Sonic 2 on their MD.