Author Topic: Lemmings MODs (Amiga)  (Read 14932 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings MODs (Amiga)
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 04:52:51 PM »
Quote from: Mindless  link=1127369568/15#27 date=1127819988
I could use them, but you wouldn't like it. :P

If you're going to do it, do ONML #3 first.  The one that I've worked on the least.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 04:54:53 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1127369568/15#29 date=1127832946
Honestly, anything's better than nothing.

Well, you know, the very first MIDIs I sent you were the raw conversions, and they include all 6 ONML tracks.  Do those count as "anything"?  ;P  (I would hope not, unless you're really getting that desperate.)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 09:33:39 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1127369568/15#29 date=1127832946
Honestly, anything's better than nothing. And we need to leave ccexplore free to play with his new toy, since he likes it so much :P

I'd really rather spend time on MODs than MIDIs, since MIDIs seem to be relatively tedious work.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2005, 06:50:57 PM »
All Tim# MODs up.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2005, 11:58:12 PM »
Are you still working on this?  It seems like you're still missing 7 songs from the Lemmings game (like Can-can for example).

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2005, 02:23:29 AM »
Yup, I'm still planning to rip the rest... They've been piling on the tests and projects at school, so that's why I haven't been working on them lately.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 11:09:16 PM »
CanCan, Doggie, Lemming1 - 3 ripped.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2005, 03:01:22 AM »
TenLemmings and Mountain ripped.  All music from Lemmings and ONML is now ripped... now I just hope 0xdeadbeef can get a preview of his clone out.

*waits in anticipation*

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 08:15:44 AM »
Don't rest just yet.  I finally found the first real issue with your MODs.

Compare your version of Lemming2 to the one on the jukebox (http://www.deveria.com/alexis/lemmings/lemmings/music/lemjuke.html, Track 4).  You can stop listening as soon as the main melody starts.

Notice that in your version, at least when I played it on DeliTracker, you have an instrument sound that resembles a high-pitch snare drum (as opposed to the other snare drum sound, which is lower pitched and louder).  But in the jukebox version, that same instrument is decidedly not a snare drum sound.  If this isn't clear, the difference should be very noticeable in that measure that was immediately before the main melody, the measure leading directly to the start of the main melody.

I checked the jukebox version against both the game as played in WinUAE (admittedly with the AFS rather than your IPF), and also the Cust.Lemming rips played on DeliTracker.  Those are all the same; yours is different.

Explanation please? ;)

I should note that in pointing this out, my assumption was that your MODs are supposed to be exact replicas of what the music would sound like if I were to play the game on its original Amiga disks on the real Amiga.  If instead it's the case that you are deliberately making your own slightly altered versions of the Amiga music, I'm fine with it but please make it clear that's the case.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 03:04:39 PM »
Hmm... I'll check it out... I may have to fix the instruments, it was probably my mistake, since the Cust.Lemming rips do NOT store which instruments are used. :(

Anyway, I'll try to get this fixed.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2005, 12:28:15 AM »
If you can somehow give me the instrument set as a bunch of WAV files or the like, I can, when I have time, go thru all the MODs to identify all the instrument mistakes, and then tell you what the correct instruments are.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2005, 01:12:44 AM »
x_x Ouch, now that I'm at a computer w/ speakers... um... that's depressingly bad... I've figured out the correct instruments, tho, and I'll go thru them all tonight to make sure they have the correct instruments.

Offline Mindless

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2005, 02:50:57 AM »
Fixed.  Additionally, I have ripped Intro.

Quote from: ccexplore (not logged in)  link=1127369568/30#40 date=1130545695
If you can somehow give me the instrument set as a bunch of WAV files or the like, I can, when I have time, go thru all the MODs to identify all the instrument mistakes, and then tell you what the correct instruments are.

Sorry, I have no means of converting 8SVX to WAV.  Luckily, Open MODPlug Tracker can use 8SVXs.