Author Topic: [sug] longer titles/feilds?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
[sug] longer titles/feilds?
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:55:22 AM »
this is a minor request:

Would it be too much to ask to allow us to have longer titles and author fields for levels? I'm okay with there being a "reasonable" limit. Reasonable in this case would mean it fits on the preview screen without moving/changing other text. Since the preview screen presently has more room (and since nobody liked my suggestion of adding pre-level text to this screen and if the other suggestions of bringing back the (IMO useless) extra space between lines doesn't happen, or even if it does); The title appearing/extending to two lines is okay in my book.
I don't often make really long titles but several times I couldn't title my level accordingly because it would go over a few characters. Sometimes if it's one or two you can fudge it by removing a space or something but this is sloppy.
IMO; the author field is more important; sometimes; notably when there's more than one author to a level you can easily run out of room.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [sug] longer titles/feilds?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:28:50 AM »
Old formats - not going to happen.
New formats - already fixed, long before I handed it over to Nepster.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)