Author Topic: [Suggestion][Skill] Some proposals for Shimmier mechanics/checks  (Read 11352 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion][Skill] Some proposals for Shimmier mechanics/checks
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »
-on assigning shimmy when can't shimmy: jump and fall back down, continue on (wasting a skill? You can rewind a second and undo this)

-on shimmy at ceiling (disregarding ceiling debate): don't shimmy, no matter what. jump and fall, or die.

-on walker assignment to shimmier: IDK: do nothing makes sense. Falling would also be very useful. I don't use walkers, I find them overpowered to begin with. Stopping shimmiers would make them even more powerful.

-climber to shimmier: IDK this sounds nice at first but complicated. I guess I'd be on board with some small animation of climber when reaching a ceiling to let you assign shimmier. This sounds like it may though, be overpowered. It may be just as easy as designing your level with a notch near the ceiling to let the climber>walker>shimmier.

-kingshadows suggestion sounds really neat at first; but I agree I think it may be too powerful and not exactly consistant with all level design. If I'm correct in L2 the lemming just falls at this point; which is also useful. If Kingshadow's idea was the case you'd need to always place a piece of terrain hanging down to stop the shimmier (if you didn't want him climbing up). Possibly making it more obvious what your solution is.

@Nepster: "too much work; won't happen"
-What if at some later point someone else takes over as President Project Captain Admiral hmmmmmm? (or you just get help :) )
For this very reason I think we should at least be allowed to entertain ideas such as "what if reverse gravity gets implemented some day".
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain