Author Topic: Two problem with NeoLemmix  (Read 1675 times)

Offline tor

• View Profile
Two problem with NeoLemmix
« on: October 05, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
I've two problems with NeoLemmix Player:
1. When I enter a level while playing at window mode (Not at full screen), NeoLemmix Player kidnapping the mouse pointer and locking into the player screen, so I can't return it to the desktop by simply moving it out the player, and have to press the Windows key on the keyboard instead to do so. This problem, which exist also in the earlier versions of NeoLemmix, is critical to me, since I often used to play music at an external media player (MPC-HC) when playing Lemmings.

2. When I upgraded NeoLemmix to version V11.15.12.B770EBF, and converted the old NXP levels packs to the new format, NeoLemmix showing the levels packs at the opposite order (Holiday Lemmings first, Oh No More Lemmings second and Lemmings third, instead of opposite). How I changes the order of the levels in NeoLemmix so that Lemmings will be the first, Oh No More Lemmings the second and Holiday Lemmings the third?
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Two problem with NeoLemmix
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
First of all thanks for the feedback. :)

I am not the coder here, but maybe I can give some insights why the things are as they are, before Nepster will surely give more insight. ;)

To problem 1:

The main reason while it is handled this way I think is that the edge scrolling functionality should still be accessable. I am not a window mode user, but I can see this being annoying. I think this needs to be discussed in the future to find a better solution for window-mode users. Maybe an option to trap/untrap the mouse?

Problem 2:

First of all this is still an experimental and not stable version in which errors and suboptimal mechanics are still present. The pack order is still 100% unfinished and the conclusion to this is still up-to-debate. Currently it's just sorted by name I think. First we need to solve basic-functionality problems and finish (and fix) the general content conversion progress, which still can take a few months, before the fine-tuning takes more priority. Still this is a thing that needs to be sorted. Maybe people being able to change pack order via drag and drop the to-be-sorted pack in the list would be a decent solution?

For general playing I would still suggest the stable version, while helping to test out the exp version is highly appreciated of course. :thumbsup:

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Two problem with NeoLemmix
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 04:18:13 PM »
1. When I enter a level while playing at window mode (Not at full screen), NeoLemmix Player kidnapping the mouse pointer and locking into the player screen, [...]
Yes, the trapping of the mouse is needed for scrolling at the screen edges. There are two ways around it:
- The hotkey "Release Mouse" to untrap the mouse until you click again on the game window.
- If you disable the option "Enable edge-scrolling and tap cursor" (available only in the new-formats version), then NeoLemmix will never trap your mouse. However then you won't be able to scroll at the edges, but instead have to use hold-to-scroll with the corresponding hotkey.

2. When I upgraded NeoLemmix to version V11.15.12.B770EBF, and converted the old NXP levels packs to the new format, NeoLemmix showing the levels packs at the opposite order (Holiday Lemmings first, Oh No More Lemmings second and Lemmings third, instead of opposite). How I changes the order of the levels in NeoLemmix so that Lemmings will be the first, Oh No More Lemmings the second and Holiday Lemmings the third?
Currently the level packs are sorted alphabetically, which gives the order you are experiencing. I should at some point add support for text files that order your packs accodingly, but this is not available at the moment.
So the only way to change the order at the moment, is to rename the folders with the levels themselves.
PS: What I said only applies to the ordering of packs, not to the ordering of ranks within packs! There we already have text files specifying the order.