Author Topic: How I enter proper fullsreen mode?  (Read 5501 times)

Offline umisery

• View Profile
How I enter proper fullsreen mode?
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:40:58 AM »
Hello, does anyone know how to enter proper fullscreen mode or change the game's vertical window width?

It's kind of annoying playing like this :p

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How I enter proper fullsreen mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:39:59 AM »
It's been a very long time since I touched WinLemm, but as far as I can remember, there was no fullscreen mode.
Nobody uses WinLemm nowadays, the physics are broken and I remember having issues like Fast Forward being way too fast.

If you just want to play the original levels, the LemmixPlayers are probably your best option, see: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1988.0

Offline umisery

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »
Thanks, that works quite nicely :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:14:58 PM »
Yeah, WinLemm is not ideal for pretty much any use case these days.

Lemmix is good if you want as close as possible to the original DOS version without actually going to the effort to set up DOSBox or a DOS machine.

If you aren't too worried about 100% accuracy and just want to play the game in general, NeoLemmix is probably your best bet. (Super)Lemmini are good too, and support high-resolution graphics, but if you plan to play fanmade content you'll probably have to get NeoLemmix sooner or later anyway, as the majority of fan-made content these days is made for it (and only one other engine, Lix, is even close).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline umisery

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 01:21:50 PM »
Downloaded NeoLemmix and it's quite good, looks nice too. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Although it gives me a save error for some reason

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »
Make sure that NeoLemmix.exe isn't in a folder that requires administrator permissions to write to; it needs to be able to create INI files in its folder to save your configuration and progress. (Alternatively you could get around this by running NeoLemmix as an administrator, but in general it's bad practice to run programs as administrator if they don't need to be run as such.)

A subfolder in your user folder (C:\Users\<your username>\), or a folder on your desktop, should work fine. :) This is of course assuming you're on Windows - I couldn't tell you off hand what's good places to put it on Linux or Mac. (NeoLemmix doesn't natively run on these, but it's possible to get it running via third-party apps that allow running Windows programs on them, and NeoLemmix has fairly good compatibility with this setup.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline umisery

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »
It's on my desktop "C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Lemmings" and running it as admin doesn't fix it, I've also made sure that none of the game's folders or files are set to Read-Only. :(

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 02:50:45 PM »
I do not recommend storing NeoLemmix directly on the Desktop. I think that's why it cannot save the data.

I really would advice to create a folder on your harddrives directly, as data as styles, .inis and music will be saved in subfolders.   Simply create a folder like "C:\NeoLemmix\" and put the .exe in it

Simply create a manual shortcut on the Desktop from the executable after that.

Offline umisery

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 11:46:07 PM »
I have the same error when it's under "I:\Lemmings" and "I:\NeoLemmix" :'(

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 02:31:00 AM »
Are you using the stable version or experimental?

I'd suggest using the stable one for now. If you have "data", "levels", etc subfolders (and you didn't put them there yourself), you have the experimental one. It will also say so on the title screen.

If you do want to continue using the exp one (if that's what you're on), creating a "save" folder may fix this issue.
My Lemmings projects

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 02:33:35 AM »
Are you running NeoLemmix via WINE or similar on Linux or Mac?  Your screenshots don't look like a standard native Windows installation to me.  Not that I have any specific suggestions for that case, but it's an important detail to clarify.

The only other thing I can think of is if something is causing NeoLemmix to start off with a current directory that's different from the directory the EXE file itself is located in, and the writing of INI files in NeoLemmix uses the current directory (not sure).  However, even if that were really the case, I would've expected errors to occur earlier as NeoLemmix wouldn't even be able to load files, let alone saving anything?

Offline umisery

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 03:11:43 AM »
It's Windows 7 (SP1 x64) with a custom theme.

Edit: Downloading this version fixed it: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=16

Thanks guys! Now time to enjoy some good ol' Lemmings :D