Author Topic: Community set, changes for Lix 0.7.x  (Read 21604 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Community set, changes for Lix 0.7.x
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:38 PM »
I updated three levels from the lemforum pack.

Every Lix: oriental fixes.
Let's Block and Blow: remake in lab tile set.
Low Profile: Adapted to new tumbler/floater physics.

I made a pull request for these, also see attached for reference.

I recorded a few replays and made a pull request.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:05:13 PM by Simon »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Community set, changes for Lix 0.7.x
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »
Most of those are my levels, so I should be able to do them. I'm just having so much fun playing namida's RPG that it's hard to find time right now :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 05:02:40 AM »
I merged geoo's replays and 3 updated levels. Thanks for covering more than half of the task! 17 lemforum levels remain to be proven, along with 29 Rubix levels.

geoo remade Let's Block And Blow in Raymanni's lab tileset, see attached screenshot. (Bug in the image exporter: Levels smaller than 640x400 don't print stats, only a few dots in bottom-right corner.)

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »
To Destroy is to Construct: Terrain modification to fix backroute. Level and replay attached. Replay recorded in 0.7.7 but is independent of walker behaviour (walker is assigned to a walker).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »
Replays for remaining Daunting levels, except "I'm Gonna Make You Mine", which should be replaced as it doesn't work with new builder physics.

<Proxima> Forgot to mention in my post, I've changed The Crimson Room to have only 12 lix.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:55:43 PM by Simon »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:07:48 AM »
One-Lix Showdown by namida. This is a difficult level, and I suggest using it to replace Lixes in Arms (Vicious) at the same position.

I'm going to keep looking through the spare levels I have, to decide on a candidate for replacing I'm Gonna Make You Mine.

Replay also attached.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 12:54:06 AM »
Theresa falls up the stairs by mobius. This is a potential candidate for replacing I'm Gonna Make You Mine, but needs confirmation from mobius as to whether my solution (replay attached) is a backroute or acceptable. I remember this level being a source of backroute frustration when first posted, but maybe some of these were fixed? At any rate, in the current version it took me a while to solve, and I'm happy enough with the solution to consider it a candidate.

Replay recorded in 0.7.7. Should work in 0.7.8, but the last three skill assignments become unnecessary.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »
Replays: Dividing Three By Two, Changing of the Guards, Buridan's Lix (both solutions)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »
I'm Gonna Make You Mine: proposed change (builders -> 20, platformers -> 5) with replay.

Edit Simon: Lix 0.7.10 has everything above and including this post.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:53:29 AM by Simon »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »
I've updated Lixes in Motion to use the (Raymanni's new) toy set. I may make more embellishments to other levels of mine. May have more plans too, if there's time. [rubs hands together with evil grin].

note: I tested; level works as intended though an old replay might fail because the entrances have moved slightly.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 09:29:13 PM »
Solutions for the new/updated levels.

One Lix Showdown: Really nice level.
Make you Mine: A bit technical for my taste, still.
Theresa: I found what looks like a backroute, and a solution that's a bit precise, but in spirit quite interesting.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
Simon proposed the following change to Bulldozer (second attachment). I think it makes the level a bit nicer.

Alternatively, I came up with a new level which is similar in spirit to Bulldozer. Maybe if people agree that it's better (and if it's free of backroutes), I can decorate it a bit and it could go instead of Bulldozer.
EDIT: Added a decorated version.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:48:42 PM by geoo »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
Solution to the 20-builder 5-platformer Make You Mine. Agree that it is still technical. Can swap it out if wanted, can keep it.

Sinking Ship looks good, haven't solved it yet, despite having solved Bulldozer. I'm good with the Bulldozer replacement or Sinking Ship.

I propose to ditch Digging the Air from Cunning and insert Theresa into Daunting. To keep ranks at 40 levels each, Proxima suggests to move Now This Is Fun from Daunting to Cunning. Okay with me, should be late Cunning.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:00:02 PM by Simon »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 09:35:22 PM »
I've updated the 'Theresa level' (changed title, old title is up for anyone else to take if you'd like) and altered the level. But this level has been severely backrouted by many, particularly Nepster and namida found solutions which make it very difficult to fix. I'm not certain this level is still salvageable. This version obviously has some major differences.

Next is; Duality. An old level by Yawg rated pretty highly by a lot of people. I neglected making this since forever simply because of lack of arrow walls, but it may not be a problem. Still should be tested for simple backroutes. This level has many solutions but all should be very difficult or at the least require some out of the box thinking.

I will look through the pack for other levels of mine I'd like to fix or replace. If I only replace one level; use Duality.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 12:22:54 AM »
an update: [EDITED]

levels of mine I'd be okay with removing;*

climb to freedom!
6 gaps, 5 builders
Path to Mahiman?  -- a lot of people said this level was tedious
Exit, Stage Right -- (I may improve this one)
Tower of Babel (I may improve this one)
Babylon Fading
When the Levee Breaks
A Soulful Bounding Leap

I've made another newer level "Ascension" (from Mobilems 2). This one got favorable reviews in the past.

EDIT:
I've completely redone "Migration". I think it looks nicer with the Gore set, takes up less space and less work (for the player), and renamed it. This level has many solutions. It should go some where near the beginning I guess.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:17:07 AM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku