Author Topic: Level ideas Thread  (Read 5764 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Level ideas Thread
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:35:13 AM »
Need an Idea, fetch one from here. List your Ideas for other to use I'll Start
Neo Skills only
VGASPEC like based on a meme (7 GRAND LEMMING)
No Permanent skills
No Destructive skills

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: Level ideas Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »
I'll give it a go.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A level where you have no builders to use as a skill :lem-shocked:.

No destructive skills sounds like an interesting idea especially if you don’t have any blockers either, and containment has to be done by using builders creatively or something.

A level that is one-screen (where you can't scroll left or right).

No floaters and high attitude areas need to be descended with clever destructive skill use (or not).

A one in each rank level but each solution uses the terrain in an excepted way each time (where something that's used for decoration is suddenly used for a solution in a later rank).

A level where you have to literally think outside the box and go outside the established boundaries of the level to solve it.

A level where the stacker skill is used to make a staircase (don't know if that's possible).

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:27:14 AM »
I'd take caution with the stacker staircase idea. It's possible if you interrupt them with walkers, yes, but if you spam it too much like I made the mistake of doing in Lemmings Squared then it becomes very tedious to play. I've been trying to use stackers in different ways in my more recent level designs and have come up with a few other methods to make use of them, such as a level where you use the little bit of height from a stacker to make an otherwise lethal fall survivable. The pack is also using the one-screen level idea a lot; nearly all of the levels I've made for it so far fit on one screen.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »
Oh, thanks nin10doadict. That idea of using a stacker as a kind of splatform is a much better idea.

Offline petaQ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 12:38:18 AM »
Lemmings Crossover - take other classic same-console game franchises and use level features/abilities based on that. Or similarly but just on movie based franchises.
SMS designs could borrow from:
Alien 3: Flamethrower ability, hostage lemming cages, predators.
Batman Returns: Grappler ability. Cape ability to sail down across gaps.
Alex Kidd in Miracle World: "Underwater" level with an octopus tentacle moving platform.
Sonic the Hedgehog: a loop from Green Hill Zone, speed shoes ability (could help past traps), a ring that gives a lemming two hits
etc