Author Topic: Pre-placed lemmings out-of-place after conversion [BUG] [EXP-PLAYER]  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Exp. Player V11.14.19:C474AF8

The update of for some reason messes up the position of the pre-placed lemmings. See below for an example: in Breezy 3, all the lemmings should be blockers in the old version, but after the conversion, the pre-placed lemmings are walking. I didn't even use any walkers on them.

Also, in the editor, it is shown that the pre-placed lemmings are buried within the terrain.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Pre-placed lemmings out-of-place after conversion [BUG] [EXP-PLAYER]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »
Will look into the positioning issue during conversion. Regarding the positioning in the editor, it'd appear the editor is placing the topleft corner of the lemming graphic at the preplaced lemming's position, rather than placing the lemming's foot at that position; this is something that Nepster would have to fix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Pre-placed lemmings out-of-place after conversion [BUG] [EXP-PLAYER]
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »
Thanks for the bug report. I fixed the editor bug, so that the preplaced lemmings will be placed correctly in the editor.
This of course depends on what exactly is the problem when converting the levels. More precisely the statement above assumes that the current level converted places all preplaced lemmings exactly one pixel too high.