Author Topic: Trigger area needed for Trigger Decoration in Clear Physics [SUGGESTION][PLAYER]  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
While testing one of Raymanni's updated tilesets (the Snow one), I've noticed that the trigger area of a triggered decoration object does not display in Clear Physics Mode (the one that was formerly a single use trap which was used in Spicy 1 of Raylems). It does, however, display in the editor. See pictures below. The trigger area of this object needs to be displayed in Clear Physics and a marker showing that it's a trigger decoration.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
I am not so sure this is needed: Triggered animations are by definition decoration objects and have no impact on the game physics. So they should not appear in Clear Physics Mode, where we strip (essentially by definition) everything not directly related to game physics. And indeed, the animation object does not get displayed in Clear Physics Mode. So neither should be the trigger area (for the same reason).
Actually it would probably only confuse players, if they see a trigger area in Clear Physics Mode that floats in the air with no object anywhere next to it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
While I'll wait and see what others have to say on this before any final decision, I'm very inclined to agree with Nepster here.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Those are good points; I can see why it can potentially cause confusion. Let's leave things the way they are then.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!