Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Raylems  (Read 15166 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Raylems
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 04:58:18 PM »
I'm not really sure what I could do to the pool though, maybe rounden the edges a bit?
Sorry, but I don't have any good ideas regarding the pool. I can only tell you what I expected it to be: A solid terrain piece as the yellow container and placed above it a no-overwrite water object, similar to the dirt style water.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »
That could work. I have to look into it! :D

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
Wow! These tilesets do look great! Nice job!

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »
The pictures in the preview topic are showing pictures of cats :P

Just pointing it out in case you haven't noticed Raymanni :)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »
Ty for pointing that out Flopsy. The Photobucket cats are still haunting me. :XD:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2022, 09:46:22 PM »
Hi Ryemani,

I played and solved all of the pack from April 2020, about 2.5 years ago, so I just wanted to post my replays. Since this pack is only currently for Old Formats NL, they might not be of interest to anyone, so really I'm just posting my replays for historical reasons. Also, I just recently uploaded my solutions to the pack, and the link is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJuvzyr3-mX-ka3mcZnHzyi6. I must say, it was great seeing my solutions again after so long, as it definitely helped me remember why I liked the pack a lot. Definitely a blast in the past.

General Feedback

Raylems is Raymanni's (Ryemanni's) first level pack. It consists of 6 tilesets, all of which are Raymanni's creations. They're quite impressive! The Food style is definitely my top favorite, along with the Circus and Snow, but they're all visually impressive. This pack is a little bit larger than his second pack, Lemmings Halloween 2017, which I recently finished. It's also a bit easier than the latter, but once again it's still not a complete cakewalk, as there's still some challenging levels here, especially in the second rank, Spicy. However, just like most packs with multiple ranks, the pack follows the natural progression of earlier ranks being easier than the later ones, as well as later levels in a rank being harder than the ones earlier in the rank. This is also quite a decent first pack from Raymanni, although like with anything, it's not without its flaws. For example, there are some levels which have locked RR's for seemingly no reason, as even with the aid of time skips, all it does is drag out the level much longer than it needs to, particularly since the levels in which this happens have a high lemming count. Of course, being his pack, it's possible he either didn't know about this ahead of time, or possibly the RR was locked and he just forgot to unlock it before releasing the pack. There's also one level with a locked RR in which it would greatly benefit from being a pre-assigned glider hatch, namely, Spicy 3.

I also didn't realize it at the time of playing the pack back then, but all the tracks used here are from Lemmings 3D. It helps that I just recently played through the base game for the very first time a few months ago. This reinforces the fact that Lemmings 3D was huge on Raymanni and remains one of his favorite Lemmings games. Nice! Not sure which version of the game the tracks are from or if they're remixes of the Dos ones in some way, which was what I played the game on a few months ago, meaning I'm only familiar with the Dos tracks. I also grew up with Dos Lemmings, and so I'm the most familiar with the Dos version of the music tracks, rather than the default Amiga ones for NL.

Tender Rank Feedback

Pretty decent, well-rounded first rank for the most part. We of course get introduced to each of Raymanni's tilesets here in the first 6 levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spicy Rank Feedback

Levels are a tad bit harder in this rank than the ones in the Tender rank, but they still don't come anywhere near the difficulty of those from Lemmings Halloween 2017. I would have to say Spicy 8 is the hardest of the rank, and possibly even the hardest of the entire pack. Thus, it's probably a bit misplaced and could probably work better for closer to the end of the rank.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In any case, great pack, and it was a blast seeing my solutions again after so long :thumbsup: I've definitely forgotten pretty much every level since I last played the pack.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 10:29:37 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0