Author Topic: Error when trying to upload new NXP's  (Read 2777 times)

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
Error when trying to upload new NXP's
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:10:24 PM »
When I have a NXP attached to a post and then click 'post' I get taken to the 'start new topic' window. This happens when I attempt to post v1.47n-b as well as v1.47n-C flexi.

I have tried attaching older NXP versions instead and I can upload them fine.

edit: First time I've tried using custom music so this might have something to do with it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Error when trying to upload new NXP's
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:41 PM »
The forum software doesn't know anything about what an NXP file is, so it won't be related to old/new. To it, an NXP file is identical to any other non-image binary file.

Due to some tweaks to how the NXPs are built, NXPs built with these versions do tend to be larger. Even though the filesize limit for uploads is set at 16MB, in practice files that are large (but still under this) can have issues on slower connections usually due to timing out.

I would recommend uploading them elsewhere - Dropbox is usually the go-to around here for those who don't have their own web server - and posting a link.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
Re: Error when trying to upload new NXP's
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 11:15:08 PM »
That makes sense because its the first time I've uploaded using custom music so the files probably way bigger. Thanks!