Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] LemmingBytes (Currently in Testing)  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
[NeoLemmix] LemmingBytes (Currently in Testing)
« on: July 07, 2016, 05:20:52 AM »
So, I have mentioned in many topics and in IRC that I have been working on a NeoLemmix pack. Here is a proper topic for it. The name of this pack is LemmingBytes, a pack of 128 levels.

This pack uses a lot of NeoLemmix features such as pre-assigned trapdoors, skills and objects. As such, I am trying to aim this pack so it is for those who have been veterans of traditional Lemmings gameplay, but are looking to a pack where they are new to NeoLemmix features.

This pack is currently in testing. The demo has been taken down now; I will not update it and instead work on the full game for compatibility with v1.47.

Here are some level images, one from each rank. Note that they not look this way in the final version, and may end up in a different difficulty rank.

Byte
Difficulty: Fun to Tricky

Lemming-Friendly Obstacle Course

Kilobyte
Difficulty: Late-Fun to Tricky

Drop Box

Megabyte
Difficulty: Late-Tricky to Taxing

All About that Lemm

Gigabyte
Difficulty: Late-Taxing to early-Mayhem

Splash Mountain

Terabyte
Difficulty: Mayhem to a little beyond

Storming the Drains
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:08:32 PM by Wafflem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: LemmingBytes - NeoLemmix Pack by Wafflem (Currently in Testing)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »
Testing's going pretty well. One thing though, is that during the creation of this pack (and during testing!), I've had TONS of levels that I threw out because they weren't that good, were boring, and/or had too many backroutes that never get fixed. I had to create new levels to replace those one, and quite frankly these levels are a LOT better. I will put these rejected levels, not in a "bonus rank", but in a new pack called "External Hard Drive" where all the rejected levels go. I don't know when I will release that pack, but most likely when I decide that all of the LemmingBytes levels are acceptable and of decent-to-excellent quality. :)
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!