Author Topic: Lemmings Forums will go offline at 12:00 GMT today (May 24 2016).  (Read 2737 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Hi,

Just a heads up that I'll be taking the site offline for a short time later today, in order to move the database process over to a newer version of MariaDB; as the one currently in use is now considered obsolete by the host. It goes without saying that I'll get an up-to-date backup first, of course, in case anything goes wrong. (Note: If you haven't set a custom setting, by default the forum time in the top-right corner displays the GMT time.)

No need for any of the users to do anything; just be aware that the site will be down around this time.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums will go offline at 12:00 GMT today (May 24 2016).
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 11:57:36 AM »
The downtime will begin in about 5 minutes. I'd imagine it won't last more than 10 minutes or so at the most, but I can't make promises about that. If you have any urgent posts / PMs, please finish them up now to avoid a situation where you're trying to send them while the site is offline.

If you need to contact me (or want to chat with other members) during this time, come to #neolemmix or #lix IRC channels on QuakeNet.
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=neolemmix
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums will go offline at 12:00 GMT today (May 24 2016).
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
We are now back up and running; the switch went without any issues*. Let me know if you encounter any weird issues with the site; though I would imagine there won't be many, if any at all.

* Ignoring me getting a "Database not selected" error when I tried to upload the backup without first selecting the database to upload it to. :P
My Lemmings projects