Author Topic: Experimental Releases  (Read 27878 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental Releases
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:304937E.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=104

Changes:
- Fixed the bug where NL always goes into fullscreen mode if loading a config file from an older version (at least on actual Windows; while not tested, based on the code I suspect this bug would not occur under Linux+WINE*).
- Fixed the bug where the special skips (to previous assignment / to next shrugger) have weird lables in the hotkey config menu.
- Fixed the bug where part of the skill panel may end up outside the window when the window is resized to a smaller size during gameplay.
- Fixed the bug where the window's vertical size is much smaller than it should be when exiting fullscreen mode.
- Various performance improvements; in particular, the fadeout when leaving a screen should have much better performance now, even on weak PCs with the Smooth Resampling option on.

on this experimental release: the glitch where when you tab out and back to the player black spots appear on the skill bar has returned.

Also; scrolling when putting your mouse at the edge of the screen is glitchy. it seems you can't scroll on the screen border when paused, or you can but it's glitchy. It's only scrolling when you click to advance frames.
I'm using windowed mode x4 zoom

>>If it's intended that you can't scroll when paused; I don't like that idea at all.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »
>>If it's intended that you can't scroll when paused; I don't like that idea at all.
This is a known bug, cf. http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3202.0. Disable the high-quality minimap for now.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:4308379.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=107

Changes:
- Fixed many bugs relating to screen graphics not updating when paused (including the one affecting scrolling).
- Fixed the bug where NeoLemmix goes into paused mode after loading a replay.
- Fixed the bug where NeoLemmix does not always pause after loading a saved state.
- Fixed the bug where the skill panel button for "go back one frame" goes back two frames instead.
- Fixed the bug where the seconds in the "your time" / "best time" on the postview screen don't have leading zeros.
- Fixed the bug where changes to the Increase Initial Zoom On Small Levels setting on the config menu are not saved.
- Fixed the bug where the Increase Initial Zoom On Small Levels setting treats all levels as if they're exactly 160px tall, unless they're smaller than that.
- Not a total fix, but have slightly reduced the severity of memory leaks that eg. may lead to issues with mass-replay-testing in packs that use a large variety of graphic sets.
- Added a button in the config menu to download all available graphic sets from the NeoLemmix website.
- The back/forward one frame buttons on the skill panel can now be right-clicked for a one-second skip, or middle-clicked for a 5-second skip.
- Custom window order support has been removed. A workaround has been implemented for existing levels that use this feature, which may result in minor graphical oddities but should not have any functional differences from the existing versions of the level, provided the option was not misused (eg. it will give weird behaviour on levels that have non-window objects listed in the custom window order).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:564425C.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=108

Changes:
- Fixed bug: Skill panel does not show up if the initial zoom when playing a level (either due to user's setting or due to the "Increase Initial Zoom" option) is equal to the skill panel's max zoom, even if the zoom is changed.
- Fixed bug: A "selected lemming" may exist when the mouse cursor is outside the gameplay area (eg. on the skill panel).
- Fixed bug: Minimap white rectangle does not update when using minimap-scrolling while paused.
- Fixed bug: Replay mass check may crash on level packs with too large a variety of graphic sets.
- Physics change: Receivers now operate based on a single point, not a region. All included graphic sets have been updated to account for this except L2-Space and L3-Shadow.
- When starting NeoLemmix for the first time (on a technical level: if no config INI file is present), an initial setup menu will appear. Currently this only allows choosing between the default hotkey layout or a Lix-like layout, but I plan to expand this in the future (probably before V10.13.16's stable release).

Please note - when using test mode with the editor, NL uses the editor's copy of the graphic set, which still has the old trigger areas for receivers. Test by directly running a LVL file (or an NXP), with no copy of the graphic set in the "styles" folder that could interfere.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 05:19:20 AM »
Retesting replays for all levels featuring teleporters is recommended after this update. Any levels that also require very specific timings with them may have broken as well, so be sure to check. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
If this change is now avialable -- prepare soon for the planned changes to my tilesets as I will implement them with the receiver change rather than the format change.
(Just waiting for a pm answer then I will get to work ;))

Dune and L2 Space will be affected by the teleporter change.

EDIT: The removal of the huge Object in the Egyptian style will have to wait for the format change though.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:20:27 AM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:48 AM »
Retesting replays for all levels featuring teleporters is recommended after this update. Any levels that also require very specific timings with them may have broken as well, so be sure to check.

Definitely needed for levels with teleporters; most other levels should not be affected. Compared to the stable version, there are some minor differences in Fencer physics and in the Bubble tileset.

Compared to the previous experimental, the only change is the teleporter physics.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 11:13:10 AM »
It seems like the teleporter thing is currently bugged: I changed my trigger areas and now the lems are spawning into the ground. Even raising the recievers 1x1 trigger area is not working (that's where I suppose the lem should spawn).

I suppose it's because my teleporter trigger is 1 pixel under the object itself as it's supposed to be placed right on the ground and not 1 pixel into the ground. The lem's spawn position in the receiver however should only be depending on the 1x1 pixel that was chosen and not depending on the teleporter at all. ---> for a receiver placed directly onto the terrain the 1x1 area should be 1 pixel under the object.

I noticed an error :-[   Forget my comment here ;P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:24:05 AM by IchoTolot »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
This time I found a bug for real ;)

The speciality here: A level that uses fake receivers as decoration.

In the attached level if you enter clear physics mode and hover over a fake receiver NL will spit out errors like crazy and can only be closed via task manager.

This happens even in the stable version after a little chack, but there NL is able to bounce back into the main menu.

Suggestion: Fix the crash and let "Fake" appear over fake objects (not only receivers) in clear physics mode.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2017, 04:41:12 PM »
The intended behavior is actually slightly different: Fake objects (or non-paired teleporters/receivers) should not be displayed at all in clear physics mode as they have no impact on the game physics. Last time I checked, this worked at least for objects that had the fake flag set, disabled traps and spent one-kill traps. I don't remember checking non-paired receivers though, so the bug might be older.
In more technical terms, the trigger effect of fake objects should be set to DOM_NONE (i.e. no effect) and then the clear physics mode should not display any no-effect objects. At the moment I don't know yet which of the two steps contains the bug.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »
The intended behavior is actually slightly different: Fake objects (or non-paired teleporters/receivers) should not be displayed at all in clear physics mode as they have no impact on the game physics. Last time I checked, this worked at least for objects that had the fake flag set, disabled traps and spent one-kill traps. I don't remember checking non-paired receivers though, so the bug might be older.
In more technical terms, the trigger effect of fake objects should be set to DOM_NONE (i.e. no effect) and then the clear physics mode should not display any no-effect objects. At the moment I don't know yet which of the two steps contains the bug.

After reading your statement I had an idea and checked the not used receivers again: They are simply not connected to anything and they are not fake. Most likely, because some time ago I was unsure if the fake attribute were to stay and this way it still worked --- true physics came out after that. But still this causing a crash is not optimal --- not connected receivers should simply be handled as"fake" or "no effect".

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »
Yes, sorry. Whenever I wrote about fake objects, I wanted to include non-paired teleporters/receivers. But clearly I failed miserably at this.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:2B55877.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=109

This update is to fix one particularly major bug in the previous one; that actions (even those from the replay) would not be assigned correctly if the mouse was over the skill panel at the time. This was the cause of the weird behaviour such as described in this bug report. As a side effect, it also fixes the bug where highlight key + left click to assign skills to a highlit lemming wasn't working.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2017, 10:37:36 AM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:A6968F8.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=112

Changes:
- Fixed bug: The "Disable Background Images" option also disables background colors.
- Fixed bug: The remainder of a replay is erased if certain actions (particularly skill assignments) fail for any reason.
- Fixed bug: Clear physics mode does not show the trigger point for receivers.
- Fixed bug: Receivers with no matching teleporter will crash the game if moused over in Clear Physics Mode (in fact, they should not have shown up at all).
- Fixed some bugs related to the cursor and selected lemmings.
- Implemented the option for Mac-style music rotation. This is not automatically applied to existing packs. (New version of Flexi is needed to set this option.)
- The Edit Replay popup now displays the current frame.
- Automatic replay saving will no longer save a duplicate replay if you load a replay and watch it without making any changes.
- Removed the debug options in the config menu.
- Some behind-the-scenes improvements relating to save file handling.

Experimental Flexi Toolkit V10.13.15:47162FE.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=111

Changes:
- Fixed bug. An error message occurs and the pack must be re-loaded manually after running a replay mass test from Flexi.
- Removed the options to enable debug modes, since NeoLemmix no longer supports them.
- Added an option for Mac-style music rotation. This will not be automatically enabled on existing packs, but it is the default setting for new packs.

Please also note, I have removed the downloads for a lot of the older V10.13.16 experimentals from the NeoLemmix website. If for some reason you need a copy of one of these, please ask me or Nepster to compile it from the source code (if you're not able to do so yourself). The two builds prior to the one in this post remain available for download.

At this stage, I think we're not too far from (FINALLY!) being able to have a V10.13.16 stable release. At least off the top of my head, the only remaining things I want to do first are:
- Implement Proxima's suggestion of click-and-hold for the skill panel frameskip buttons
- (Possibly) ensure all default graphic sets have trigger areas consistent with a set of conventions, rather than somewhat arbitrary
- A few more fixes to the default graphic sets (some receiver trigger areas aren't quite where they should be, currently)
- More testing, of course
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:57:11 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »
Experimental GSTool V10.13.14:D162CD2.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=113

Changes:
- No longer allows setting a trigger area size for receivers.
- Added an option to import piece names from another graphic set. (This was mostly to fix that I had copies which were newer versions but lacked names as well as copies which were older versions but had them; I've left it in in case anyone else finds it useful.)
My Lemmings projects