Author Topic: READ FIRST: NeoLemmix Bugs & Suggestions Subforum Rules  (Read 3298 times)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
READ FIRST: NeoLemmix Bugs & Suggestions Subforum Rules
« on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:05 pm »
In order to keep this subforum useful and tidy, please observe the following rules:

1. One bug per topic, unless you're very sure they're closely related. The topics can be merged, or linked to each other, if need be.

2. Please put one of the following tags as appropriate at the start of your topic title, to make it clear what you're posting:
[BUG] Something that surely should work differently
[SUGGESTION] Improvements, additions, new features and the like
[DISCUSSION] A half-baked or likely controversial idea, that needs further discussion before it can be added

4. Please put one of the following tags as appropriate at the start of your topic title (including the brackets) to indicate what part of NeoLemmix the bug/suggestion relates to. If you're not entirely sure where the problem lies (for example, if it's a bug that only seems to come up during playtest mode, but might be a player problem nonetheless), just guess; it can always be corrected if you get it wrong. The tags are:
[PLAYER] For the NeoLemmix engine itself
[CONTENT] For any "official" content, like official styles, standard music, sound effects, ...
[EDITOR] For the NeoLemmix level editor
[TOOLKIT] For the NeoLemmix pack toolkit
[GRAPHICS TOOL] For the NeoLemmix graphic set tool

Report issues only for NeoLemmix v12 and newer. OLD-FORMATS BINARY VERSIONS (= anything earlier than v12) OF ALL NEOLEMMIX TOOLS ARE NO LONGER MAINTAINED. ISSUES FOR THEM WILL BE IGNORED!

5. Try to give a brief description of the bug or suggestion in your topic title. If that's impossible (or you're not sure how to best word it), at least give a general idea of what it relates to. "OMG A BUG" is not helpful; "Nuke bug" at least points in the right direction; "Saved percentage higher than it should be if level is nuked" is best of all.

6. In all cases discussion on what should be done to fix the bug is welcome and highly encouraged. However, topics can and generally will be closed once the bug is fixed or the suggestion is implemented.

7. Please mention which version of NeoLemmix (or the associated tool) you encountered the bug on, in the case of bugs. For the game, this is visible on the title screen. For the editor, level pack toolkit or graphic style, this is visible via Help on the menu bar. Please give the full version number.

8. Bugs / suggestions will generally be moved to the "Closed" subforum once an official release that fixes / implements them has been released.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:50:12 am by Simon »
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: READ FIRST: NeoLemmix Bugs & Suggestions Subforum Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:34:01 pm »
I have changed these rules to allow suggestions on this sub-forum. Please post all future suggestions here, rather than on the main board or via PM, if possible.
My released level packs:

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 04:50:48 am »
I've dropped the whole "make a blank post, then reply with your comments" thing, as there's really no reason I can't just edit the original post and place the notes at the start of it, so all it really does is create inconvenience. (However, if you prefer to make the blank post, you're still welcome to.)
My released level packs:

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:17:58 am »
I've amended rule 7 to request that people always mention the version number of the game / tool that they encounter bugs on, rather than "only if it's an experimental". This is important as from time to time, NeoLemmix or associated tools might get several updates rapidly, and so it can't be assumed that everyone reporting issues has the latest version (and even if they do, it's possible that I might have to leave the bug for now and come back to it later, at which point the version it occurred on won't be the latest anymore).
My released level packs: